1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinywang, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

31.5%
  1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We would of won the chip bro. Look i always wanted melo on this team. I actually think he gonna be a laker. I feel the move will be good. But one year too late. I wish he was here with ariza too. Ive watched melo his whole career. Always thought he was the most skilled scorer in tge game. I think he will be better here then okc. That i will bet anyone. I think harden works will with other stars cause sometimes he just wants other to take over. Some think thats bad but in todays nba where u need other stars it lets those guys be who they are.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Who starts?
    If it comes down to MELO or ANDERSON
    I think I will just might be ready to play 4 on 5

Rocket River

pippendagimp likes this.
  3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Minimum? Yes. MLE? No. I want more of a guard/wing type for the MLE than a PF which is what Melo is right now.

I do think a lot of people are underrating Melo due to his bad season last year, which even by his standards was a major outlier. I think he'll bounce back to more his Knicks level efficiency which I believe has a rotation value with the Rockets. But that's not worth MLE imo.

Fyreball likes this.
  4. macan

macan Member

we can give him a try for half a season, if he's a cancer in the locker room then we let him go on trade deadline

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

And all we have done is pay a 32 year old injured PG $160 million... in this league if your not getting better your getting worse.

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I would gladly have welcomed 10-15 points from him game 7

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Also, i think CP3 can keep him inline

8. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

If you're not first, you're last. Shake 'n Bake.

juanm34 likes this.
  9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think you guys are taking for granted the season we had last year... the whole squad left everything they had on the court and it still wasn’t enough.

I get why you guys are optimistic but we have gotten worse. There really isn’t any debate. Sure you can say Cousins is coming off injury and won’t be the same but still. The warriors have Improved and we have not.

justtxyank likes this.
  10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We can use a decent back-up to Ryno “broken” Anderson.....

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Correction: Our guys minus Chris Paul and Luc.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This x1000.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Don't like the options. First, I need it to specify: at his current salary, on the taxpayer MLE or on a vet minimum deal? Secondly, can you add "sure" to the options. It isn't as enthusiastic as 'yes' and at the vet minimum, sure.

14. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I think the difference is in perspective. Just like you think others are "ignoring the fact that we got worse," the way you present it feels as if we just dropped out of contention, down to 7 or 8 seed. We're still a solid team that will contend. We still have 2 all stars and it's highly unlike they let Capela walk. Remember how Morey brought in a Tucker and a Luc last year? I'm still reserving the chance that he can bring in someone who compliments our system quite well, even if they aren't a huge splash. Both were stellar for us this year, but if you'd have told me people were going to say "if we don't resign Luc, we're shot," I'd have thought you were crazy.

So, if we can agree that we've lost a little ground on GSW--until we finish making our moves--but we haven't dropped to the bottom of the West playoff spots, I think we're saying similar things.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I may end up regretting this... yes I do. In the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary i believe Melo will figure his crap out. He will tool his defense and be the player we always wanted Ryan Anderson to be. There is zero data to corroborate this, but yes, I do believe he is the key to a championship formula.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

anyone saying no needs to have their head examined. if the warriors can take a flyer on cousins than we have zero reason not to do the same w melo. this team, as currently constructed, has about a 0.1% chance of dethroning the warriors barring a major injury to steph or KD (or both), and that's me being generous. and due to our cap situation, the chances of us adding a significant piece that can bridge that gap is probably even less.

so if we're almost certainly not winning the championship this year why would you not say f**k it and just roll the dice? at least melo has an offensive pedigree that could help this team. and it's not like us signing him to a vet minimum short term deal will significantly impact resigning Luc or Capela.

all this banter about his role or his lack of defense or his declining production or chemistry concerns is completely pointless - we have a 2, maybe 3, year window w CP3 and the warriors just gave us a giant f**k you for this year. we're beyond the point of worrying about minor bullsh!t - just start throwing darts and hope that fortune favors the bold bc again - as currently constructed - we aren't dick this year anyways.

kevcai, tinywang and sammy like this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^insert slow clap

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, but you knew that was part of the deal that brought him here. He was always going to get the max. And for the most part it worked out spectacularly well but you are correct pointing out that he is 32 with a troubling injury history and is getting a banana boatload of money. But CP3 brings a desire and toughness to win that championship that Harden does not possess so it all balances out. They don't need an injured Cousins or an on the decline Melo - they need to find an answer to KD.

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

KD embarrassed our entire team last series no matter who defended him, at least we could get a 10-15pts performance outside of CP3/Harden

Cstyle42 likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We should have games where Melo and Eric Gordon score a lot

Htownballer38 likes this.