1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinywang, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

31.5%
  1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

why not for minimum
    can't be worse than Ryno and Luc in the playoff
    if he demand to start then start him for 4 min and sub him out

2. Chamillionaire

Melo with CP3 and James... Hell yes.
    Melo with Westbrook...No.

3. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

i sure as hell do! the rox live and die by the 3, and we all know, so does Melo. He will fit right in!

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Prediction: Carmelo will be a Lakers.

RoyalGuard likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

One thing is for sure: ClutchFans will complain either way. ;)

Rockets get him(those who will be celebrating):
    "Fat cancerous Melo was the missing piece! Look out Golden State! Rockets coming through!"

Rockets get him(those who begrudgingly "accept"):
    "OMG, we got fat cancerous Melo!? UGHHHH ... He washed up and not worth the hassle at this point! Rockets have given up on their defensive identity and have taken a step back from last year."

Rockets don't get him:
    "Wow, not even Carmelo wants to be here. We lost Ariza, we might lose Luc, Capela is unhappy and we've only "attracted" the bottom of the barrel in Michael Carter-Williams and James Nunnally. This truly is the offseason from hell."

:D

I think I want him but...

1) It'll be "hilarious" (aka not funny) if they were saving their MLE for Melo. I hope they don't give him the MLE. Veteran's minimum. Take your $23M-$28M from OKC.

2) Reading some posts, you get a Dwight Howard vibe. "Well if he accepts his role, buys into his role, if he accepts a bench(or limited) role, doesn't complain about touches, plays to his "strengths"..."

If they get him, great maybe I guess?
    If not, nothing lost & I won't lose sleep.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PJ Tucker
    Carmelo Anthony
    (JuhJuhJacked Clint Capela)

IS GOING TO BE THICCCC.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Sign for minimum with Paul and Harden keeping him playing in the system then yeah sure. OKC play calling is barely a system. My only problem is his history with Dantoni.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he better sign the min and not the MLE, he's already getting paid by OKC anyway and he has enough money to not bicker over a couple of mil.

imo we really need Luc back or this whole thing falls apart.

Elephant810 likes this.
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

All those yeses.... but then all the no in the comments LOL

And Where is teh HELL YES button... because everyone will be eating crow.... when Melo makes Ariza washed a*** obselete.

Melo is about to be averaging like 16-18 a game on this squad while we blow teams out the water night in and night out.... yule c

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Ultimate chucker

RoyalGuard likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If he'll sign for the minimum and agree to come off the bench if we need him to (like PJ taking Anderson's starting job), I'm OK with it. If he wants our MLE, I would pass. What concerns me is that our new owner may see him as a "name" player, someone the casual fan has heard of and who consider Melo to still be a star. In other words, Tilman might like to get him to help sell tickets. "Look who we added during the off-season! Another star! We didn't stand pat after losing Ariza. We got Melo! Did you see the billboards? Aren't they cool?"

Your poll could use a "maybe," OP.

12. Coach E

Coach E Member

Simple... can we win with our current roster? no

If we add high ceiling talent for very low risk, do we improve our chances? Yes

Jayzers_100 and jamisonrocket like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If you call people "jackass" for sports takes, you're headed for ignore lists.

Enjoy the Clips. LOL

don grahamleone and Deckard like this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

It really depends on what the teams look like when the season starts. If the Lakers end up getting Kawhi, then I want the Rockets to get him so the Lakers don't. If the Rockets get him, I hope we have a better wing player and defender on the roster.

15. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Bench role?. Not sold.We almost dethroned GSW without Anderson. And id rather do it without melo if it's my choice.

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Maybe. I don't really have a strong feeling one way or the other. Remember when we thought getting Ty Lawson was a no brainer? Well, getting Melo could blow up in our faces the same way. Melo hasn't been a positive influence on a team in a longtime. Melo and MDA have a bumpy past. So, there are red flags all over the place.

If we get him I just hope we are prepared to cut him lose if things go south in a hurry. I'm afraid the relationship between Melo and CP3 could complicate things.

I guess I have a lot of concerns.

B-Bob and tinywang like this.
  17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Agreed, probably the best Melo take here. I think people are optimistic and want to hope for the best but in reality, there are just too many red flags to be worth the risk.

18. macan

macan Member

yes, i believe he can contribute more than ryno could do...

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why would you say that when our current squad with Capela and Ariza almost won it all last season?

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not crazy about the addition of Melo, but if they can find a way to fit him in a defensive scheme then why not?