1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Do you think Lebron will be in a Rockets jersey in 2018?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jun 11, 2018.

?

Will Lebron be a Rocket this season?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2018.
  1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. No

175 vote(s)
    67.0%
  1. Sajan

Sajan Member

We are all aware of how much cap gymnastics morey will have to do to make a trade happen.
    Based on what you know so far...will it happen?

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Nice thread... will read again.... how come no one ever thought of this before!!

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Why you so desperate for attention?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feel helpless as a fan. That's all.

Bobsputin likes this.
  5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Yes IMO I think he will be a Rocket and CP3 will be the deciding factor

Corrosion likes this.
  6. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I just don't see where else Lebron can go other than us in order to beat GSW. CP3 hamstring isn't even that big of an injury. The timing of it was bad. That's all.

The owner is willing to spend which is what Lebron wants.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If LeBron wants to be here morey will get it done. As hard as it is Morey will find a way. The thing is, I don't think LeBron will want to be here.

topfive likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Title is misleading,

He could play for the Lakers or another team and still be wearing a Rocket jersey in his free time. In honor of his friend Chris.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Threads like these make me think there should little mini sliders that can go in everyone’s post and once selected can’t be changed.

Then the site keeps right/wrong analytic scores for each person over the years.

/random

JVL713 likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

If I'm LeBron I know the Rockets may have to lose keys parts to acquire me if both me and CP3 won't take pay cuts.

Rockets have to tell me they have replacements for Ariza/Tucker/Luc MaM/Gordon.

If it takes attaching Gordon/Tucker to Ryno for trade. Have replacements ready. Losing Ariza and or Luc....have replacements ready.

Ariza has been the top corner 3 pt shooter in the league for yrs. Luc was the better defender all yr, but Ariza was better in the playoffs.

If you tell me Tyreke Evans, Mike Scott, Amir Johnson, JJ Redick were all ready to join at minimal contracts. I (LeBron) would call them and confirm.

If both Ariza and Luc left we may need another SF.

CP3/ Harden/ Tyreke/ LeBron/ Capella
    ...Harden/Redick..SF...MScott...Amir...

You could stagger substitute PG/SG and stagger substitute Tyreke/Scott/LeBron.
    Then I say yes.

Harden/CP3 need to be recruiting.... because Morey is not allowed yet.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No. As much as I want it to happen, it'd be too good to be true.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can't see Tucker going anywhere either.

Everyone is else is gone.

CP3
    Harden
    LBJ
    Tuck
    Capela

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally, i have a good feeling about this, but then again, i had a good feeling for Durant two years ago too so...

Btw wow, so many people voted no...didn't expect that.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Where I stand right now.....and you are not going to like it.

What LeBron said at his Finals pressers about wanting to play with high IQ players, play with other playmakers. Those things scream Rockets. And the Rockets are very close to the Warriors. Adding LeBron would put them over the top and allow the Rockets a wider margin for error in playing GSW in a series. I am sure LeBron knows this.

BUT....how I feel right now. I don't think LeBron will come.

I feel LeBron will go to LA with Paul George. And "wipe the slate clean" on the roster. Some of the kids will go in favor of "high IQ role players that LeBron will like." The roster is elastic. LeBron can mold it enough to be at the Rockets level.

And then the Narrative part, it is LeBron's team. He is the best player and it is a "start from scratch" scenario with the assets to make moves.

LeBron on the Rockets his him joining "Harden's team." Not quite the same narrative. And I think that matters.

*IF* LeBron could not "mold" the LA team to get to the Rockets level, THEN I might feel differently. Because i think "championships" are driving LeBron. And narrative is 2nd there. BUT, the longer I think about this, the more I see LA's appeal in terms of it's elastic roster. There are just a handful of other moves away.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel LeBron will go to LA with Paul George.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The Lakers always LAKE. Every few years or so they find a way to LAKE. LeBron to LA is real LAKE-y.

16. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

I know it's not the "championship" path everyone thinks he's going to take but I see him staying with the Cavs

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think that is on the table. But for him to stay, they are going to have to wipe the roster, IMO.

18. jacoby

jacoby Member

A week ago and I said yes. Today, I say no.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

All of the naysayers would normally be right.

KD changed the game though. Lebron doesn't want to waste another season is my guess. 33 turning 34 in in December. I'll say it again.. there are too many unknowns in LA. What is known? That we beat them 3 times just recently and have two HOF star caliber players in the fold already.

For all of the complaining we did over KD's decision, it will be main and driving factors on why we got CP3 and then Lebron.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I can see multiple scenarios playing out with multiple attractive options for Lebron.

But if this is not a basketball decision then the choice is LA (family reasons) or Houston (having fun again and playing with one of his best friends).

Only Houston gives Lebron option of taking it easy in regular season and/or just hooping with his best buds. Lebron is Lebron so all eyes and criticism will still be on him, but the burden to carry a team will be shared equally in Houston.

Only other place that could offer that kind of peace of mind is GSW. But he has no best buds on that team.