1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you miss the good ole days?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by okierock, Nov 14, 2003.

Tags:
?

Do you miss the way the bbs was before Yao?

1. Yes!!! I miss the sanity and respect.

55 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. What? There was a clutch city before Yao?

8 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. No!!! I enjoy the debate and conflict, new threads are great.

21 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

This is not a thread to bash Yao because I think he has the potential to be exceptional, though I am beginning to see that it will take time before he is ready to dominate.

Anyway this thread is about the good ole days on this bbs. I have only been around since '01 but I read for probably a year before that. Back in those days you could start or read a thread one day and people would post their thoughts, ideas. oppinions with resect for each other. Those posters thta were disrespectful never stayed long. A good post might last several days without being "sticky".

Now every other post is rude and obnoxious, full of knee-jerk reactions and there is almost no end to the insanity. Where have all the good guys gone?

So, my question is: Do you miss the days on the Clutch City bbs before Yao made it and international madhouse?

2. danjojo

danjojo Member

I'm not sure it has anything to do with the international madhouse. Most of the disrespectful posts are 100% made in the USA...

3. jiggadi

jiggadi Contributing Member

I'm not sure I remember the good ol days because right around when I started lurking people were starting to loose faith in Hakeem...But the whole Scottie Pippen ordeal was just insane...I still get pissed off when I see or here of that jerk off! :mad:

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I miss the old uniforms... does that count?

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Sometimes I miss the toilet when I pee.

6. danjojo

danjojo Member

Now that, i think everyone can agree on. We should have gone after Moochie Norris back then instead of Pippen.

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Yes, without a doubt, I miss the pre-Yao BBS. And actually, the first few months of post-Yao were pretty good, we got alot of good new posters during that time. But the longer the season went on, the worse it got...

But the BBS is still top notch, insanity aside.

8. okierock

Sorry about that, I didn't mean to say that the international posters are a problem. In fact most of the posters that have trouble with their english are very respectful. There certainly are plenty of idiots right here in the good ole USA.

9. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Conflicts, namely, conflicts of opinions are good! This is what democracy and freedom of speech is about - and ain't it good to see the Chinese posters now have venues to freely voice their opinions (either here and back in China)? The problem is just that fans here, after years of disappointment, are expecting more and more, and everyone is just so eager to see his/her favourite player doing well. That's understandable.

I was mucking around (er, messing around) other BBSs (there is a webpage from some Kings' fans that has links to all the major BBS for all the teams) - if you checked out other boards (e.g. Miami Heat, etc) you will see how lucky we are to have Clutch BBS. We are, to quote a old Chinese saying, "In the heart of fortune and doesn't know it". I don't mind this board full of madmen and people with crazy agendas... I can choose for myself what to read!

SS999

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

The Rockets forum was a lot more streamlined back then, that's for sure.

However, the Hangout has more than made up for it. It's just too much fun.

I do miss a lot of the old-school guys though; Rockfan, Bullkiller, Rocketgirl, DREAMer, Jovi, Jenna, etc...

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I love having Yao on the team, I just wish all his Extremist fans wouldn't come along with him. There are very few things more annoying than the Yao only fans who do nothing but bash the Rocket's. The GARM is just DISGUSTING now.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's what I don't get. If these idiots are mostly Americans, then what has Yao to do with it?

The explosion of membership is post-Yao. Where were these bad posters, if they were not Chinese, before we got Yao?

13. okierock

I consider most of these posters to be "trolls" but the sheer number of these threads is overwhelming ?sp and I always spent most of my time in the GARM but its getting hard to sift through. DonKnutts had a good post on the subject in another thread...

The problem with this theory is it lets the inmates run the asylum. An I think that the influence of some of the more respected posters is good, and shows some of these obnoxious posters what a well thought out post looks like.

I guess time will tell how all this is going to affect my favorite website. Until then I guess I will spend more time in some of the other less volitile forums.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I miss New Coke and Gilleys beer.

OH! 7-Eleven slurpees, too. Can't forget about the slurpees.

15. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

7-11 on every corner here in Dallas.... and a new Gilley's opened just south of downtown...

New Coke? Try RC or Pepsi and add water.;)

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've been coming here regularly for over 5 years, I think. And, everyone's opinions on the Rockets have always been wrong! :mad: :)

17. okierock

You mean everyone's but mine of course.:p