1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Do you like the signing of Dillon Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 2, 2023.

?

Do you like the signing of Dillon Brooks?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2023.
  1. Yes

146 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. No

308 vote(s)
    67.8%
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is one of the stupidest acquisitions the Rockets have ever made. Completely idiotic. The GM should be fired over this, and at the end of next season probably will be.

2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

That's the tenacity we've been been lack of 4-5yrs…i believe most of our kids incl tari, bari, amen, cam n alpee, all has it, dillon could help them to let it out.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll make your favorite player ALMOST as inefficient as he is as he shoots his own team out of the game.

anthony59237 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yawn, the whole Memphis team was like that.

I mean he is not useless, otherwise nobody would give him 20 million, oh wait, mostly the Rockets would overpay someone like that.

#204 daywalker02, Jul 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

hmmmm Then I'm just wondering why the hell Ime brings a guy who can't help him win can't help him serving as role model on court / in locker room n hard to get rid of (contract wise)…is this team still refael stone's team like past 2.5 season?
    Ime will be next SILAS? Ime the next puppet easily pull strings behind?
    Critical thinking should've been in place when we find inel spreading on the table show many contradictories.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a big fan of try hard players who are awful at shooting from what I can see. He REALLY hates analytics I guess.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

We'll see

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've cooled down a little from the initial shock and... nope. Still hate it.

If we get great breakout seasons from all of our young core this dude is still going to be killing ball movement and sucking up ~15 shots a game on horrible efficiency. For four freaking years. He's an offense-ruiner. Get him out of here. I don't care how good he is on defense.

Has any team ever managed to give up a couple future first rounders to dump a bad contract at the trade deadline the first year they signed the guy? No? There's a first for everything, right?