1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Do you like the John Wall Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Dec 2, 2020.

?

Do you like the John Wall Trade?

1. yes

207 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. no

125 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. wait and see

217 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah doesn’t look right doesn’t feel right. Wall is in a lower tier than Westbrook. Westbrook gave the rockets so many different elements (rebounds, scoring, leadership) and dont forget intensity. I just don’t get this trade.

Rocket_Man_2.0, csnerd84 and ashleyem like this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I’ll wait and see. Crossed fingers, hoping he stays healthy and that he and Harden fit well together

csnerd84 and Stephen_A like this.
  3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The Knicks didn't even want Westbrook, the KNICKS who have been desperate for a big name. Get out of here, moving Westbrick for anything is a plus. If Wall doesn't play a single game it is still a plus, we need to find some young undrafted or under utilized talent from some where. Absoutely addition by subtraction to get Westbrook and his toxic attitude out of town.

Rockets Rule and YOLO like this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah I dunno. Wall is not a better player by any means. Perhaps in steals or on ball defense but Westbrook brings so much to the table including leadership and intensity. His ferocity was unmatched. I knew Westbrook’s disgruntlement was the trigger for Harden wanting to leave. I suppose the rockets are experimenting in hopes of being competitive as a last ditch effort for James. I can’t see this ending well for Harden and the Rockets. And I love our team. Let’s all pray that we somehow this works and we gel as a team.

csnerd84 likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

knicks didn’t have anything to trade. Knox isn’t going to cut it. Lol

6. awc713

awc713 Member

This sums it up for me. Not in love with the trade, don’t hate it...more worried about why the trade happened. If JH really wants to go buddy up with KD and is checked out, I’d be petty as hell too if I were Russ. Something isn’t adding up. Wall post achillies tear is terrifying...worst of the 3 of the Paul/Russ/Wall contracts...I wish Russ could’ve played to play up his stock but doesn’t seem like that was in the cards

7. Fefo

Fefo Member

Of course it was low. Would you have done this trade 6 months ago? Not a chance.
    Wb was playing great for a while, then the pandemic hit, hes got injured and covid, and he played terrible. That dragged his value down a lot, and now without even playing him again, we trade him for another pg that cant shoot, has a terrible contract too, and is coming from the worst injury in basketball. You cant go lower than that.
    The fact that wb doesn't want to be here doesn't matter, hes got a contract, what is he going to do? Refuse to play? Sometimes i feel the teams empower the players too much. WB is getting payed 45million dollars, that should be enough to make him show up into training camp and pretend to be happy.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I didn’t want westbrick here from day 1. Of course it got lower. It’s at its point now because he made it public he wants out. That’s as bad as it gets. And couple that with a super max for a player terrible for the modern era. A number of y’all don’t analyze value correctly and always overrate players. This is just another clear example.

The contract doesn’t matter. You seem to be falsely under the impression this hasn’t been a players league. Did you forget how he got here in the first place. He got left by pg13 after a fresh okc super max extension and wanted out. Pretend to be happy lmao. For who. He doesn’t give af obviously. What a stupid 1 year it was to see him in a rockets uni. It was an utter disgrace

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. pass_to_Hakeem

I voted yes for the simple fact that.... he clearly didn’t want to be in Houston. So to me, if you don’t want to be in Houston or play for Houston.... bye!!!!

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ just wants to be the guy and rack up triple doubles...he doesn’t want to be on a lottery team, but 45 wins and a triple double average on his way to a 1st round exit is a fine season in his eyes

he finally made it past the 1st round for the 1st time in years next to Harden, and that was with him missing the majority of the OKC series, but winning at the highest level isn’t his priority

dcfma and DVauthrin like this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If you don’t see it then it’s baffling you’re calling others stupid. It’s fine if you’re getting Wall in return. But you have to get a better pick than one that’s at least 3 years down the road that’s lottery protected.
    Does it help Westbrook demanded a trade? No. But guess who else demanded a trade? Yup, and he hasn’t played in 2 years where as Westbrook was still All NBA. You’re talking and name calling as if Washington had leverage and were taking Westbrook off our hands.

The fact that Stone couldn’t get a pick that will do anything for us in the present (and frankly do very little in the future) is a complete failure.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean they took westbrick off Houston hands and I’ve already said they were dumb enough to do so to my surprise. What a strange post

yeah I’m calling people stupid because they are. It’s been that way for awhile, especially the ones who have no idea wtf they’re talking about

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'll say this -- I was frustrated at Morey for the CP trade until I saw Morey was putting together a solid roster with Luc, PJ.

The season began and team looked awesome. Changed my mind, maybe CP was worth all those players.

If that's how this turns out, I'll be fine. But I have serious doubts about that. Wall has never played as a Western Conf player, his stats will change, and he'll no longer be the best player on the team. This is something every player has had to go through playing next to Harden. And 0 star players are still here. EG is the border-line exception.

I obviously won't cross him off the list but the chances of success with this lineup is pretty slim right now. I need to see more roster moves.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

If this was the only available deal out there, then I guess I like it. It sounds like Westbrook wanted a divorce from the Rockets. Maybe this makes Harden want to stay, I don’t know.

Wall is two years younger than Westbrook, so if Wall bounces back and has a good season, the Rockets could end up looking good in this trade. The Rockets were in a tough spot with a hard to trade and unhappy Westbrook.

I am interested to see if this new Rockets team can put things together. Harden, Wall, Cousins, Wood. I’ll be watching.

dcfma likes this.
  15. Beezy

Beezy Member

I'll be surprised if Wall is ever an above average player again.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

And replaced him with Wall on our hands. You don’t see a problem with that?

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Achilles. Supposedly being inside his own house, he fell. I find the reason suspect. Wall getting into NBA shape is one thing and then getting acclimated with a new team. He also likely not play back to back this year.

With Russ finished doing the b2b last year, I was expecting him to play all the games as a Rocket this season.

90% success is showing up. Upside don't matter, if no availability. If Wall sits out during games, I wonder who else on the roster besides Harden, is going to pick up the slack.

#77 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah this is exactly my sentiment as well. I feel we should have gotten more back (less protection on the pick for example). But with Westbrook refusing to report, we don’t have much of a choice I guess

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This teams FO is officially trash as ****.

Thanks, Tilman.

#TeamCP3
    #TeamDaryl
    #TeamMikeyD

KingCheetah likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. not when you get the clear better fit