1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Do you like the John Wall Trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Dec 2, 2020.

?

Do you like the John Wall Trade?

1. yes

207 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. no

125 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. wait and see

217 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Houston is now fine, when u look back the previous champion, they all has a star in center such as O neal, Paul and Marc Gasol, Bosh, Howard. They are doing the right thing. It has proved double MVP guard < MVP plus AD. Cousions and wood will help Houston to become champion. Now Houston just need a good small forward to defense Leborn or Kawaii and a backup guard to deliver assists. When harden is on the bench, it is better to get a good guard. I suggest to consider I thomas rather than using clemons. U see Lakers has rondo last year, they know how to win the match.
    If we cannot find a good small forward, we can move tucker to small forward and then buy
    Faried, he can backup boogie and wood for some minutes. If tucker remains at 4 to 5 position as backup, I suggest to sign Beasley to backup small forward, he is still reliable for shooting 2 points.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Short answer:
    [​IMG]

Long answer:
    I hated the CP for Russ trade. Hated it. Russ is one of my least favorite, non-winning players in the whole league. Plus the fact we had to give up 2 picks and 2 pick swaps.
    So now we traded a terrible player and a terrible fit with a terrible contract for a shell of a former player. With no cap savings or relief at all. And a heavily protected, late pick.
    It was a pretty bad trade involving two pretty bad but players with some of the worst contracts in the whole league but probably the best we could do after the horrendous trade last year.

3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Wall is not Trash, yes he’s been injured but the only thing WB does better than Wall is Rebound and drive into the paint without knowing what he wants to do with the ball.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

@YOLO still want to make the bet? He was 25 games in when they announced he will need knee surgery at some point. Also, hasn't he looked great this year?

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol i thought rockets traded him away

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is also better at staying healthy which is very important.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

That he won’t play more than 30 games. He’s going to hit the over easily

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did tooo . .. . . . LMAO

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Still like the trade if only for the reason that we swapped expensive trash for expensive trash but recouped some draft assets.

baller4life315 and YOLO like this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It might sound strange, but Russ would have messed up the Tankathon.
    You knew Wall wasn't going to play in half our games.
    Plus we get the pick.

Wulaw Horn and wolstein like this.