1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Bubble trouble - is the season over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Aug 26, 2020.

?

What is projection on a possible return date.

1. 1 week

81 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. 2-3 weeks

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. 1 month

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. >1 month still this year

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  5. Bubble popped, this season is done.

96 vote(s)
    50.8%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, the television networks who have to pay their advertisers from lack of viewers.

It's the TV Networks vs the NBA.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  2. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

don’t think that would happen. They would just tear up the CBA and start with an insane lowball offer.

we really are talking about legacy right now. A lockout next year would set the league way back. LeBron would be the guy that killed the NBA.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Numbers lie all the time, but if you aren't sharp enough to figure that out, it is what it is....

DD

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I have a ton of Respect for LBJ and the LA teams. That’s incredible

D-rock and Batman Jones like this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Not a lawyer either but the laws very from state to state. If Eric Gordon choose to not play is that a breach of contract and Texas is a at will state. Good bye to him and cleansing of the cap going forward.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

LeBron is a hypocrite. He speaks loudly against Trump and social issues in the US when it is convenient to but shuts up when it comes to any issue related to other countries but still has the nerves to proclaim himself a social justice advocate.

#148 ashleyem, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    arkoe, malakas, BigggReddd and 8 others like this.
  9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I guess you think that TV channels want their audience to walk out on them too.

Maybe you’re behind on the news. This is not just a basketball thing. Every major sports league is following the NBA’s lead. Baseball, football, soccer, hockey... And it only took a couple hours for that to happen. They all have TV contracts too.

There are things that are more important than money and there are sure as hell things that are more important than sports.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

look brother, I don't disagree with you on the social reason. I'm looking the scenario of what happens if they cancel the season.

If they cancel the season then there will be a big showdown about money between all parties involved for TV.

Don't get all conspiracy theory one me. I'm looking at the consequences if there was no season.
    why are we playing in the first place in a pandemic? it's money.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I bet one owner is

CK Johnson likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

If LA teams, Boston & Bucks choose to go home that is on them. They are basketball players choosing to be activist and that fine but their choices should not hold up others that want to play and win a championship. The NBA should not let themselves be held hostage by some of it’s players. The players have rights BUT so does the other players, teams and league as a whole. Go home but don’t expect a paycheck.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't get how i'm some anti this or that or i'm immoral for bringing up that there's 24 billion dollar contract for TNT and ESPN with the NBA

This year plus China has taken a major hit for the NBA. If they cancel the season for protest there will be a fight for who gets paid what.

There's no boycott insurance or pandemic insurance or china boycott insurance that you can buy.

fattz likes this.
  14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

twitter for the most part sucks. they can't control these random bots.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Batman Jones

Never mind dude. There’s really never any reasoning with you. Go ahead on with your bad self

D-rock likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not arguing with you about the validity of the situation.
    If they cancel the season, it's going to be bad financially for all parties invovled.

how am I wrong about that?

Kobe dying was the big tragedy early this year right? what happened after that?
    Kobe was involved with so many things, he had some many businesses. That entire helicopter company's business is over.
    Now they are suing the FAA. the Mamba Academy is no more. lots of windfall from one bad event.
    I actually know people who worked for a company that I didn't even know Kobe owned who got impacted.
    Will Vanessa end the company? or hire new management?
    It's a giant financial ripple effect.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. Batman Jones

I only read the first couple lines of your post. I’ve said several times already that there are things more important than money. If TV stations want to sue, fine. First they’ll lose in court and then they’ll lose a hell of a lot more money by alienating their audiences for a long time. And they’ll lose their athletes too because none of them are going to be okay with them putting money ahead of justice. Do you think ESPN wants to do that? I’m not gonna talk about how much money is at stake here with you anymore. Money is a bullshit thing to be talking about right now

DaDakota likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

I feel a boycott is right for the moment but canceling the season doesn't benefit anyone.

I agree with Shaq said, things aren't going to change because there are no games. Things change when there is voting.

If Lebron wants to cancel the season, i doubt that's going to swing votes at all.

It just means people won't have the NBA to watch.

Also if they let LeBron force his way on the NBA, then Adam Silver is a weak commissioner.

my 2 cents.