1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll]'10-11 Rockets Bench vs '10'11 New Jersey Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieRocketsFan, Jul 22, 2010.

?

Who would win?

1. '10-11 Rockets Bench

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. '09-'10 Nets

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Nets, but only because Rafer would take over the game and dominate his former teammates.

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. AggieRocketsFan

2010-2011 Rockets(Potential Bench):

PG-Kyle Lowry/Ishmael Smith
    SG-Chase Budinger/Jermaine Taylor
    SF-Shane Battier/Patrick Patterson
    PF-Chuck Hayes/Jordan Hill/Patrick Patterson/Jared Jeffries
    C-Brad Miller/Alexander Johnson/David Andersen

2009-2010 Nets:

PG-Devin Harris/Rafer Alston/Keyon Dooling
    SG-Courtney Lee/Jarvis Hayes
    SF-Terrence Williams/Bobby Simmons/Trenton Hassell
    PF-Yi Jianlian/Sean Williams/Tony Battie/Edjuardo Najera
    C-Brook Lopez/Josh Boone

Damn, it looks like we got a pretty good second string. I really think our bench could outplay any other in the league next year. The backups offer a great defensive lineup, especially if Budinger improves on D. What I like most is how they can get out and run. Lowry is such a game changer when he gets out there. Most team's backup PG's don't have near the amount of impact compared to when Lowry steps on the court.

What I like about our frontcourt is that Hayes and Miller are both very smart players and should work very well together. You have an even smarter player next to them in Battier! Next year, our bench will be playing with a very high basketball IQ and in turn will mesh very well (I hope ;) ).

So what about the '10-'11 Rockets Bench vs the Nets '09-'10 roster? The match-ups are decent and I'm betting the Rockets would stand a chance. I mean the Nets went 12-70 last year. I know I made some assumptions about OUR depth chart, but this thread is mainly to discuss how super-badass the Rockets bench is anyway. Also, I'm sorry if I left out any of the Nets' roster. I totally forgot about Rafer until I looked it up. :grin:

AggieRocketsFan

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I hope your joking… I'm a rockets fan but that starting lineup is way better than are 2nd string. Brook Lopez and devin Harris all I have to say

3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Yep, seems like another classic ClutchFans thread.

4. jvu

jvu Member

Yi was traded... but they drafted favors

5. jvu

jvu Member

They also have....
    Damion James 2010 Rookie
    Anthony Morrow
    Derrick Favors
    Jordan Farmar
    Travis Outlaw
    Brian Zoubek

but our bench will still kick they're ass

6. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

there we go again people always talking about names. I bet you when they put that team together they were thinking maybe playoffs in the East. Nope 12-70 one of the worst teams in the history of the NBA.

Are bench has more chemistry and tens times the heart than that team ever could. So seeing as are bench are professional basketball players I could see the m beating the Nets. They'd get at least two out five.

7. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

he's talking about last years team. One of the worst of all time so I wouldn't put it past many teams chances of beating them. They were a Joke there fans wore paper bags on their heads. It doesn't get worse they were a complete joke.
    Teams played them harder just because they didn't want to lose to them and be part of the joke. If you lost to the Nest you were on the wall of shame for at least two weeks. Cause thats how long it took them to put together another win if were lucky.

8. jvu

jvu Member

haha mybad misread it... but i still think our bench is better than the Nets current starters :)

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I would much rather have them as our backups then we will for sure win a 'ship. They were horrible b/c they were young and HAD no chemistry and no bench help. But I would want the nets as our backups