1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Politico] Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DonnyMost, May 2, 2022.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a fair point.

Nook and HTM like this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

15 pages of men deciding what women can and can't do.

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Lol, gaslightboy. The only woman on this board that is active is constantly attacked by “you”.
    What is your real point?

jiggyfly, superfob and Andre0087 like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

actually I think your response would have been better and more effective if you had patiently explained WHY Joe Biden's changing views on abortion are either (a) irrelevant today or (b) unimportant today, or (c) whatever point it is that you had in your head when you chose to say " No one gives a **** ".

That's just an assertion that is factually wrong. So not "wokism" at all. Simple correction of your disinformation. :cool:

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Politicians opinions 40 years ago don't matter - people evolve their views or change them for various reasons. To hold anyone to a view from 40 years ago is ridiculous.

George Bush for instance was once pro-Choice yet that wasn't something that was a big deal when he was president - and that was a change over 10 years.

And obviously my comment wasn't meant to be taken literally but a generalization to say, why are you bringing this up as it has no relevance to the discussion at hand. Naturally it's my opinion too.

I'm just surprised it's a big deal to you.

Nook, Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

they matter if the individual we're discussing is simply pandering to the left to get votes, and has been pandering for the past 20 years or so in three different presidential campaigns. I'd say that matters a great deal.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  7. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what is gay sex that is not straight sodomy?

not being obtuse, but perhaps there's a nuance here I'm missing.

please be specific (no homo).

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Good luck find a politician that doesn't pander.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I thought your response to @basso was disrespectful. Unworthy of your ordinarily thoughtful way of participating in this forum. That was more of a monkey poo-flinging response than the kind of response I would expect from you.

basso likes this.
  10. basso

Supporting Member

[QUOTE="HTM, post: 14074723, member: 55841]

Women are also more likely to be religious then men.[/QUOTE]

"than", but we'll let that go. could you provide some statistics to support this contention?

also, one infers from your comment that opposition to abortion is chiefly (exclusively?) based in religion. is that what you're suggesting?

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Quit assuming my gender I could be going by Andrea now and just wanna speak my mind about the issue!!!

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I say "no one gives a ****" to my friends, my family, even clients and they laugh. There's no disrespect intended and I doubt @basso takes whatever I wrote as me insulting him or offending him.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Bill Bradley never pandered. I think Mitt Romney tends not to pander. I think there are politicians who stand on principle. hell, Bernie Sanders is an example of someone whom I suspect GENUINELY BELIEVES in the bull shitte he's selling . . . but I don't think he's pandering per se.

I think Biden lacks spine. He has been a political chameleon his entire career and it is amusing to me to see people react negatively when that apparent fact is pointed out to them

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

like I said, I'd rather read your reasons why Biden's checkered history on the abortion issue is irrelevant, if that's what you think. To simply say " No one gives a **** " is not very interesting to me as a contribution in this forum. That's like @DaDakota -quality discourse

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I dont keep track of peoples gender. Thanks for clarifying

16. basso

Supporting Member

I'm not your family.

am I your friend?

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

for what it's worth, my wife has received TWO texts tonight directly from Joe Biden, who is attempting to fundraise on behalf of pro-choice candidates in light of this egregious decision by the Supreme Court.

and as noted earlier, "Joe Biden" has raised $7 million in the last 12 hours. Never let a good crisis go to waste ;)

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You don't think Bradley pandered? I mean who can read their mind but he shifted positions when he ran for the nomination as short lived as it was. Mitt Romney has certainly pandered on many instances, and so has Sanders. Biden has also stuck to his guns on more than a few things.

I just think different politicians have different core principles and yeah, are flexible on a lot of other things because you have to be to succeed in politics. I personally feel that Dems get held to a higher standard than Republicans too, but hey that's me.

Does Biden lack spine? I think he genuinely wants the help America, and will make compromises that he feels achieves that goal. Maybe that is lacking spine to some. But for me, what I want is someone who is pragmatic and listens to all sides and not too rigid. I think that works for the most part, but sure there are times you have to stand for something. I don't think Biden has been put to that kind of test yet. Is there a specific issue you are thinking of?

joshuaao and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Are you insulted or offended by what I wrote? Seriously?

I'll tell you what, I'll buy you a beer the next time I get back to NYC (you still there?) but only if we agree not to discuss politics.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pegging.