1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Politico] Has a Civil Rights Stalwart Lost Its Way?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 18, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All of this was covered in like the first page of the thread.

The fact that the SPLC is cleaning up its organization does not wipe away the work they have done. It doesn't make the FRC less homophobic or it doesn't mean that Identity Evropa is less racist.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The SPLC is racist itself, calling into question its real motive if they were claiming to be devout anti-racists. It's like all those weird male-feminists who turn out to be rapists, or those anti-gay politicians who get caught cheating on their wives with men. The people who point the finger and shout the loudest are usually guilty of the same thing. SPLC is politically tied and they are themselves being called out for racist. What is funny is how little people on the far left actually want to hold them accountable, when if it was a right leaning organization, or center, they would be calling for their heads.

I'll post another quote from The New Yorker before I leave it there.

"Outside of work, we spent a lot of time drinking and dishing in Montgomery bars and restaurants about the oppressive security regime, the hyperbolic fund-raising appeals, and the fact that, though the center claimed to be effective in fighting extremism, “hate” always continued to be on the rise, more dangerous than ever, with each year’s report on hate groups. “The S.P.L.C.—making hate pay,” we’d say."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...rris-dees-and-the-southern-poverty-law-center

Profit. Motive.

BruceAndre likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's amazing that they need to label a civil rights organization that battled white supremacists as a hate group. Goes to show how much he and other right-wingers are drinking up White Identity. One has to wonder if he is an 8-chan frequenter.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They engage in racism. That sounds like a hate group by their standards. Also you attacked the source, thus attacking the messenger. However a few posts down you do attack me by basically implying some nasty nasty things to another poster. I won't even dignify that you race obsessed weirdo. You are sore because of the fact that I recommended you seek help. And you do need it because you constantly go there.

cml750 likes this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a quote from one of the early Nazis (can't remember exactly which) which (paraphrasing) said conservative Germans didn't like Nazis or Communists or especially fighting in the streets. However when they saw Nazis throwing down with Communists in the streets, they disliked and feared the Communists much more than Nazis and so would be forced to choose to side with the Nazis. So even though the conservative Germans said they disapproved of the street fighting tactics and extremism of the Nazis, the Nazis made it a practice to ignore that and throw down with Communists at every opportunity and always the conservative Germans would spin it so that the Communists were the existential danger to Germany and the poor Nazis were the victims.

Thus, despite being against Nazis, and probably sincerely so, the Nazis got a pass because the rich conservatives were actually terrified of the Communists. They jusk kinda didn't like the Nazis.

I think conservatives generally would view the SPLC much more as a direct personal threat to their world than they would the Klan and a bunch of crypto-Nazis, hence the characterizations of the SPLC as radical and out of control, similar to their obsession with Antifa while ignoring the actual Fascists they are fighting.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Do tell what racist tactics they engage in? The article did not reveal any.

In terms of personal attacks and mental health, I encourage you to look in the mirror. You may see that you are coming across as unhinged here. You can't debate and you sound like you are about to explode. I suggest you download a meditation app pronto.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The reason people on the left aren't calling them out is because they are cleaning house...what else do you want them to do? Completely disband? I have some bad news for you, getting rid of them wouldn't change anything, another watch group would grow and take their place. The ADL calls out the same groups they do.

So tell me, what should the SPLC do now?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This is very true. You see it here. They are quick to attack the SPLC or whomever their masters are telling them to attack, and they completely ignore or are blind to they hate on their side! In fact, they say anyone who claims there is any hate on their side are racists. It's really amazing how twisted they have become.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

That Fox is not a reputable news source.

10. jcf

jcf Member

I thought you were agreeing with yourself! Sorry for the confusion.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

All of them are bad. However, the KKK is minuscule in influence at this point and has no audience of value. The SPLC though enjoys high status despite being far left money grabbers. They are the Snopes of hate groups. People on the left blindly trust them, even though the SPLC has gotten it wrong and falsely pointed fingers at people, and can't even stamp out the hate within its walls.

BruceAndre likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They should be transparent for sure and do their best. I don't think that it is a bad thing. I wouldn't disband if I had a nice money operation like that. Non-profits rake in tons of profit for the people at the top. They will undoubtedly come out swinging in order to restore faith with donors.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

No I replied to the wrong post.

:confused:

jcf likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

SPLC President Richard Cohen resigned.

I have a feeling when they "regroup" they will be even further left. Just you wait for it.

cml750 likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yep this. And YT has enlisted it to flag "objectionable content" -- meaning any content that isn't leftist/NPC.

Any virtue that the SPLC once had, is now long gone.

Probably because civil rights has been achieved, decades ago now, and now the SPLC has to invent bogey men to keep the money coming in.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes, that would be appropriate.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

THIS

cml750 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny how trump supporters have such an issue with an organization that speaks out against racist organizations...

19. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

As the Smollett debacle clearly showed, the demand for racism in the US is a lot higher than the available supply of it.

cml750 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Reducing the work of the SPLC to the Smollett case perhaps explains why trump supporters have an issue with an organization that calls out racists.