1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Political Impact of the BLM Movement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Black Lives Matter making blacks with no affiliation lives worse. This is something to consider.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

^^

This is what people know, and why few take BLM seriously.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You realize that there is a lot more to systemic racism than blacks being murdered by whites, right?

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So the policemen who killed Mike Brown, Alton Sterling, etc have never been called racist, and the BLM movement has never called police actions racist?

You consistently deliver ignorant comments that reveal your bias, Gladiato.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The point is those incidents, not the killing alone but also the circumstances in which it unfolded, are symptomatic of the larger issue.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These people don't want to realize anything. They don't want to know. They don't want to acknowledge.

When you show them proof of systematic racism in statistics that can not be explained away other than bias (why are more blacks accosted, why do blacks get longer prison terms for the same crime and criminal record?) they put their heads in the sand.

Instead they present grossly oversimplified charts without any context as a means to maintain their delusion. How many times have people pointed out the flaws in reading into that chart and they don't care. You can not debate with them because they are so brainwashed in their views they are completely incapable of questioning what they think. Ironically, they think everyone who disagrees with them are the delusional ones. They will never wake up.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You realize that BLM is a racist hate group, right?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

MojoMan... call me a skeptic but I doubt ANY MINORITY group that expresses their grievances about racism is an entity you respect.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I have no objection to any group expressing legitimate grievances about racism, regardless of what sized group they affiliate themselves with, as long as they apply the same standards that they base their personal grievances to all other people and groups, regardless of their so-called "race".

If they apply different standards to different groups based on their "race," then the group expressing these grievances based on biased and unequal standards is in fact a racist group. That is of course true regardless of the skin color or the "racial" characteristics of the group or people in question.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say F the BLM movement!

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You didn't provide a link, but I see what you did there. If 31% of respondents have a favorable view, that does not mean 69% have an unfavorable view. What was the percentage for neutral or don't know? And again, this is not a war between white people and black people, however much you want it to be. Whites aren't going to vote against her en masse for recognizing there is a problem to be fixed between cops and black communities.

The last lynching by an actual Klan member was in 1981, of Michael Donald. Of course, there have been others since that were not officially by the Klan which has lost a lot of its membership even if their ideals live on. For example, the 1998 (maybe not the most recent, but close to home for me) dragging murder of James Byrd by white supremacists was not a Klan lynching, but essentially the same thing. Since Johnson wasn't actually a member of BLM, you can at best say he was a sort of kindred spirit like Byrd's killers were kindred spirits of the Klan (though BLM espouses non-violence which Johnson rejected, whereas the Klan has had no such scruples). So, even if you wanted to call the murders in Dallas a 'lynching' (and I don't think it qualifies), it's not competing with some long ago crimes of a bygone era, but with things that have happened in our own lifetimes.

That's a terrible, terrible graph. Blacks killed by whites per capita of white people? As if the more white people there are the more murders of black people at their hands you'd expect?

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Passive resistors like BLM and more moderate groups like the NAACP and Urban League are stigmatized as racial hate groups by dip****s like you without acknowledging their major differences with white hate groups:

1) No body count
    2) Overt support of racial integration
    3) Open and ongoing inclusion of non-black and particularly white members

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Totally agree. We should Feed the BLM movement to help bring about the hope and change in which we all believe.

I knew you hadn't gone totally bonkers.

15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Obviously you don't understand the chart.

out of 1 million black people they are going to kill 10 white people
    out of 1 million white people they are going to kill 1 black person
    out of 1 million white people they are going to kill 10 white people
    out of 1 million black people they are going to kill 54 black people

with the number of white people in this country providing a target rich environment, you would think there would be a lot more murdered white people...

Race is an excellent way to divide stupid people. I think we should get scientific and have some kind of melanin percentage index so we can at least have an accurate way of dividing people up into sub groups so we can hate on each other. the 40% group really pisses me off... and don't go getting a tan to try and change your status....

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is the part where you just frankly don't get it. You act as if many black people CHOOSE to see color. They don't. They are forced to see color.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have to admit I had to look at it for awhile to understand it since it is such a terrible and misleading graph. But I do understand it, and I understand the motivation for making the graph the way they decided to make it.

18. okierock

Those cops in Dallas and Louisiana, their lives mattered.

We have had LONG conversations about this already but I still don't see what if any positive impact a group like BLM will ever have. If you don't think they have stirred up a righteous feeling in some people for their hatred of cops you have your eyes closed.

Black people aren't the only ones being forced to see color.

19. okierock

You show me a way to make that graph tell a positive story that the BLM movement can use to justify who they are and what they are protesting.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why is it that wingnut data representation more often than not tends to look like it was created on a Tandy 1000?

Come on guys, it's 2016.