1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Polish President slams Kerry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 4, 2004.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Is this the result of Notbush's promise to work more with our allies?

original in polish, here:
    http://info.onet.pl/988047,11,item.html

translated here:
    http://chrenkoff.blogspot.com/2004/10/polish-president-disses-democrat.html

--
    "It's sad that a Senator with twenty years of experience does not appreciate Polish sacrifice. . . . I don't think it's a question of ignorance. One thing has to be said very clearly: this Coalition is not just the United States, Great Britain and Australia, but there's also contribution of Polish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian and Spanish soldiers who died in Iraq. It's immoral to not see this involvement we undertook because we believe that we have to fight terrorism together, that we need to show international solidarity, that Saddam Hussein is a danger to the world.

"From such a perspective, you can say we are disappointed that our stance and the sacrifice of our soldiers is so marginalised. I blame it on electioneering--and a message, indirectly expressed by Senator Kerry--that he thinks more of a coalition that would put the United States together with France and Germany, that is those who in the matter of Iraq said 'no.'

"President Bush is behaving like a true Texan gentleman--he's fighting for the recognition of other countries' contribution in the Coalition."

2. mc mark

mc mark Member

hummm

And yet at the same time...

------------------------------

Poland aims for Iraq troop pullout by end of 2005

PARIS (AFP) - Poland said that it aims to withdraw all of its 2,500 troops from Iraq during the course of next year, a major disappointment for Washington which sees Warsaw as one of its staunchest allies in Iraq.

Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski said Monday after talks in Paris that no firm date to complete the withdrawal had been decided yet, but that Poland hoped "to finish our mission at the end of 2005."

Poland is the fourth largest troop contributor to the US-led coalition in Iraq, but there is strong popular opposition at home to the deployment.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041004/ts_afp/iraq_poland_troops_041004153415

3. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

4. mc mark

mc mark Member

agreed

15 months is a ways away!

Hell! In 15 months we could be in Iran and have completely forgotten about Iraq!

5. Nolen

Nolen Member

Seriously? I thought he wanted them out in 4 years at the soonest. Don't have any quotes to back that up thogh.

6. mc mark

mc mark Member

Nolen

Kerry said something in the debate about drawing down troops after 6 months if things fell into place.

Although to be fair, I don't see that happening...

#6 mc mark, Oct 4, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  7. Willis25

Willis25 Member

BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion = basso's Angry White Man Blog

... dude you have started EIGHT threads on the first page

... just start your own web page !!!

:confused:

www.bassohatestheworld.com is available

8. michecon

michecon Member

But frankly, he surely can reach broader audiance on this BBS than starting his own blog. Wouldn't you agree?

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No one would read his posts if it wasn't for our common love of the rockets.;) :D

10. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

willis, michcon, and rockbox, three posters i hardly ever see here. so it could be argued my threads bring folks out of the woodwork, non?

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Or, it could be argued that my, "Keep D&D Civil!!" thingy at the bottom of my posts, in all the forums, has caused members to wonder, "D&D? What the hell is that!! Better check it out."

;)

Keep D&D Civil!!

(Polish Presidents indeed! Gonna go buy me some sausage. :cool: )

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

13. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Member