1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police vs Family of 8 Arizona Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Apr 11, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What a piss poor approach to a situation. They should just waited for more backup.

2. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Officer Hicks clean it up. What a family of r****ds. Something from the Hills have eyes.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i get that it's a hectic situation, especially when it's kind of unexpected, but the cops did a terrible job of trying to corral them. These guys wanted to fight, but were pretty slow. Create some space and take one down at a time, starting with the most threatening one. One officer could have shadowed two of the slower ones, with the threat of his baton.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Wasn't that the bald guy with the baton? It's always odd to me, when it's one officer doing all the damage. Not on the same page.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

That would be terrible.

The only thing from what was shown in the video, that could've been handled better was when one cop yelled out, "Let's seperate them to talk to them". Maybe if he'd instead respectfully directed this to the family head to inform or as a request thiongs could've gone smoother.

Otherwise the family's reaction came out the blue and they just exploded.

6. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

If they were black, everyone in the family would be dead now.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

As CHI is much smarter and probably more handsome than me I don't want to disagree with his post.

#27 Bandwagoner, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That family seems developmentally challenged. It's just tough dealing with people like that...like they're all man-children. Sucks that someone died. The future seems bleak for that clan.

9. VanityHalfBlack

1. Ban Wal-Mart, lol ;)
    2. Support local businesses, hah!

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If they were black or hispanic......there would be atleast 5 dead..............

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Had they been Black or Hispanic there wouldn't have been as much restraint gun's would have been drawn and bullets fired.It's sad but the many case have shown that B&H have it harder than whites when it comes to issues such has this.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

All that video needs is Yakety Sax.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They weren't even given a chance to do that. As soon as they showed up, the Cletus family started throwing haymakers.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Don't you think they tried it respectfully before the car with the cam got there? Cop sounded frustrated already.

The father even said they weren't separating his family, right away, and then immediately after, it all started. What I suggested isn't that different from what they did. They needed direction, but instead they just kept fighting and never really got anything done.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Cop A to Cop B as they approach, "We need to separate them and talk to them individually." Valiant plan

Then Merl Cletus says, "You can't separate me from my family."

Then the haymakers.

I would have loved to have seen a K9-Unit 125 lb German Shephard talk to Merl, then.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's definitely on the father to get his kids all in line and cooperative, but they're all obviously developmentally challenged. It seems like there should have been a way to handle it better, but it's just tough on those cops. Felt kinda bad for the dumb kids who were like "stop touching me" and then just squirming around and then watching their brother get shot. Those 16-19 yr old boys probably have the brains of 9 yr olds.

17. heypartner

Yep,,,I think some ppl in this thread don't realize the two cop cars were the backup. There was already a cop there.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

What if the family was Azn doe?

19. heypartner

The question isn't, "What would cops have done to families of other races," the facts are only a Walmart stupid freaking white family trying to illegally camp out in their parking lot does this. Clearly they were being asked to pack up their **** and leave, but refused to, so two backup cop cars had to come.

Walmart allows camping, but only for RVs. You can't spread out your lawn chairs and Webbers. The Cletus family didn't understand that.

This is just stupid white ppl with a feeling of entitlement that other races don't do. They needed to be sprayed with fire hoses and run down by K9 units...is the best way to handle this.

#39 heypartner, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Actually it said the cops were called because the family had assaulted an employee.