1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Police State] Cop kills an unarmed kid over 10 grams of weed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by g1184, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I already told you, because there isn't a presumption of racism so people actually look at what happened instead of getting worked up by paranoid delusion. A lot of the times things make national news, nothing wrong actually happened. If Furguson had been a white man attacking a cop, no one would have thought twice about it...they'd have just seen someone who attacked a cop and ended up shot. It was a black man, so the town had to burn.

In the legitimate cases of police wrongdoing, there are courts for that kind of thing....no reason to burn towns.....unless we're talking about something that happens to a black man or woman.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why are your comments so general, real life does not work that way.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should look up a bit on the history of Ferguson. It wasn't like it was some isolated incident.

Also Baltimore. These two places show that perhaps people aren't paranoid.

Of course though black people were paranoid in the 50s too according to most people at the time so....

4. Remii

Remii Member

That's not an excuse for the media not covering and or reporting situations when a cop beats or kills a white person (and or none black person) when they shouldn't have... Especially considering that a majority of the media's viewing audience is none black.

I don't see why you think the media shouldn't report on situations when a cop (regardless of color) does something out of line to white people since that's their biggest audience and they have no "paranoid delusions" about cops.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Excuse me *non*

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In a way it is about you. Number one you have no idea what is happening to blacks and in the black community because you aren't black. You simply don't know.

One thing we do know is contrary to your post. Whites don't face the same type of treatment from the legal system in the U.S.

Whether you are black or white or any other race, all you have to do is actually look at statistics. Blacks and whites who commit the same crimes receive different sentences. Blacks and whites who commit the same crimes aren't even charged or convicted at the same rate.

That is without going on to any of the other statistics where blacks are under recognized for gifted and talented programs in schools, and how the simple placement in those programs regardless of actual qualifications affects performance etc.

That is is without the fact that a white with an inferior resume and criminal record has a the same or better chance of landing a job than a black with no criminal record and college education.

You are one whiney "look at me. I'm a white victim" complainer. Why don't you get over it and get on with your life?

Your posts are always playing the victim and refusing to take responsibility for your own actions. They always try and complain that blacks receive preferable treatment.

Geez, get over it, get a grip and move on, buddy. I'm tired of your inaccurate posts and whining and moaning. Man up, buddy.

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

But white people aren't involved in illicit drugs in anyway!!!! <<< That's the stereotype CNN and other major media outlets want to maintain hence why this didn't make it in the Media Circus. It's about maintain stereotypical status quotas...

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man he know that he is just trolling.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree. There was already trouble there before it hit national news. Whenever you have a group of bystanders both white and black all saying a cop shot someone when they had their hands up it'll be national news. I think the media has an agenda but for the most part they want ratings.

11. Nook

Nook Member

#1 It isn't an "independent autopsy" when the attorney for the dead man is paying for it.

#2 This case is getting some buzz on social media. Why isn't the general media covering it more? It doesn't incite people or cause as much debate when race is removed from the equation. The media doesn't give a damn other than making money.

#3 Remii is right, alleged police misconduct against anyone is serious and deserves to be investigated.

#4 He wasn't a kid. He was a young adult. He was old enough to get married and kill people or be killed in the military.

#5 Let us wait and see what the ultimate outcome is.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The guy on the horse Fransk Pusok (Who is white) got national attention why? Because there is proof. There's a video, which makes it sensational. There is no proof yet in the OP that the cop did any wrongdoing. In many of the black cases almost all in fact they are caught on video and the Ferguson case had eyewitness's. White and Black bystander's saying they saw the young man put his hands up. The OP story has none of that so it's a non story. That's one of the points of #blacklivesmatter because black people are saying if there were no witnesses or video nothing would happen. Without video or witnesses the cops win and the networks know this.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

14. Nook

Nook Member

Ferguson had many elements that made it a huge media story. Race was one part of the equation, the witnesses, the video of Brown in the liquor store, mar1juana in his system, video footage shown shortly after the shooting, coming off of Zimmerman ordeal, the history in Ferguson, the police chief handling the case and ultimately the lengthy protests and riots .... It was a perfect storm.

Having said that, if you don't think race plays a role in media coverage of cop shootings... Well I will just say I disagree. Dynamics in the media and world are to make a big story. For example look at the coverage of alleged rapes by black athletes against white athletes. The Patrick Kane case is getting little wide spread coverage. Even the Big Ben situation got coverage but not like one would expect. Why? White men allegedly raping white women.... Compared to Kobe or Winston... Black men allegedly raping white women... There is a taboo and deeply recessed race element. You see people calling a 25 year old Patrick Kane "a kid" while Vick at a similar age killing dogs is viewed as a man and Winston at 19 is called "young man".

I don't think most people set out to use race when judging a situation but it does figure in. It surely effects how we ALL see the situation, the difference is that white people have a high percentage of the population and an even higher level of control of finances/power and the media.

15. Nook

Nook Member

No doubt the video footage played a big part of the coverage received, but it is no where close to the coverage other cases have received.... Far more people are familiar with "Martin", "Bland" or "Brown" than "Pusok".

I am not minimizing police brutality against black Americans. I am simply saying it sells better. The more controversy and more dynamics at play; the more ratings. Issues involving black victims/suspects and cops cause more divisive and strong polar opinions.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Oh I definitely agree that race is an element that incites anger. But it's not the end all be all. Context is everything. I agree with your post for the most part and I agree with your earlier post that I replied to as well but this "It doesn't incite people or cause as much debate when race is removed from the equation." I don't think this is true. People are not going to be outraged unless there is proof or witnesses otherwise they side with the cop, making this a non story. Race added to this story would only make it more of a story because of all the police shootings of black men on video tape. It would still be a relatively quiet story.

You simply cannot claim that there would not be national outrage had we all seen a video of some skinny white young man being shot in the back by a police officer. It would be playing around the clock on CNN. Race has less to do with it than the shock of seeing someone gunned down in cold blood by the very people assigned with protecting the public. Sensationalism makes national news no matter what race the people involved.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is due to the fact that there are more videos of black men being shot by police than white, which aligns closely with the statistics of black people being pulled over by the police far more often than whites in America.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Do you have any evidence or statistics to support this? It may be true, I do not know. There is a far higher % of white people than black people in the USA. So to adjust for the disparity in population would be massive. Also there are videos of white/Hispanic people being shot by officers on Live Leak and they don't usually garner much attention.

We will just have to agree to disagree.... I believe deeply recessed difference in how we view race plays a huge part in how we view and how things are covered by the media. For a long time a missing cute white girl got national attention while missing male and black children drew little attention.... Black men accused of raping white women drew more attention.... Muslims commiting murder in a mass way got lots of attention.... Just the way it is.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Again I don't disagree with this statement. Yes the media paints a harsher picture of minorities than they do of whites. But that is sort of an opposite statement to this circumstance. Yes the cute missing white kids get national coverage. This too is totally opposite of then siding with black people and showing cops in a bad light. This is something they are forced to do due to video footage and a ridiculous amount of witnesses white and black in the Ferguson case.

The media does not want to deal with race because most of it's viewers (white people) statistically don't believe that race is a problem. The media chases ratings and paints pictures of the world that are in favor of what the majority of their viewership want to hear and see. Where the rubber meets the road is when you have video proof of racism which is why everyone (except black people) was just in shock when different videos surfaced. Rarely does the systematic racism in American become so blatantly apparent than when its blaring on a video on live television. It's so sensational they have to cover it. Normally they are happy to believe in the cop.

The OP story is all about proof and the lack thereof. If there was a video of this white kid getting gunned down by a cop it would be all over the news right now.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But the media...

the media...

THE MMMEEEDIIAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I like sitting in my armchair rustling my jimmies without even considering going to the place or knowing the situation on the ground.