1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Forreal.

Rocket River

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think the cop should have just tased the parents, looked at the little girl, and growled "YOU'RE NEXT!" I have a feeling she would have stopped her douchebaggery right then and there.

3. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

This.

Most unruly kids are the product of crappy parents. Punish the crappy parents, not the kids. The Mom should have been hit with the taser just for calling the cops in the first place.

What happened to the days of "You just wait until your father gets home"? Whenever my Mom said that to me, I'd turn into a mute until he got home. Oh yeah, I forgot that we aren't allowed to spank our kids anymore.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, lets ASS ume that based on nothing in this article

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

people on this sight have agendas, some you may agree with some you may not, to call out one because you may not agree with theirs shows your bias.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

That makes no sense at all.

Cops do dumb crap all the time, cops do great things too.

I have no bias. I'm just wondering what the badge number is of the guy who s*** in RR's cheerios, because when it comes to the police, he has tunnel vision it seems.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i've had a 3 year old accidently kick me in the nads and it put me on the floor.

no one is immune from the taser. i've felt like tasering my nieces and nephews on a few occasions. :grin:

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Yes.

There's no excuse for tasing an unarmed ten-year old. No circumstance in which it's the right thing to do. People applaud things like this because they think they're on the same side as the cops - they think the cops are protecting their property and their homes.

Ultimately, the fault is with the mother and her poor decision - but the cop, at the moment he decided to tase a 10-year old girl, showed rather clearly his credentials for being a cop.

Unfortunately, that won't mean anything. Cops deal with a lot of idiots (as everyone in a public-related job does), and this unfortunately translates into a general disdain for everyone they deal with - they talk amongst themselves and eventually formulate a cute little boy's club where events like this become the occasion for giving one another high-fives.

Most cops are thugs - and they didn't become thugs when they became cops, they were always powerless and frustrated thugs but our communities gave them the actual power to indulge those impulses. And they're genuine bullies because they know you're not allowed to fight back.

Comfortably middle-class people don't have to care about all this - they'll probably never be bullied, and they believe the cops are protecting their personal property. Cops seem to be more respectful toward people who drive nice cars and are clean cut (and, I guess, white).

There are good ones out there, I'm sure. I just wish there were more of them.

Anyone who has grown up poor knows what I'm talking about.

2 people like this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

is this article not discussion worthy, don't blame the messenger no matter how you feel about his vision.

10. DonnyMost

Uhh. Ok?

I'm asking RR a question. Not getting an answer.

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Oh, and to make this more D&D worthy - the cops who aren't thugs are usually little more than fundraisers. And they don't often pull over the nice cars.

12. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Agree with this bit :). If the cops didn't have a Taser, would they have shot the kid?

There's got to be a takedown method that works against unarmed people that the police should be trained in...

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was basing it on the fact that the mom had to call the police to deal with her 10-year old daughter throwing a temper tantrum....

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yes, your question is in no way loaded, why does he have to hate officers? The first question if you honestly weren't just criticizing him would have been do you hate officers, instead of making that assumption because he posts articles on their abuse of power

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Interesting..I read it the exact opposite. My thought was that the Dad was probably the one who lets his daughter do whatever she wants and thats why the kid was undisciplined and why he was so mad at the mom and the cops. I was thinking that the mom is probably the one who usually tries to discipline the kid, but with the kid being spoiled by the dad, the kid will no longer listen to the mom, but will throw fits and yells instead.

This is what I see from divorced parents who are complete opposites when it comes to discipline - Kid is highly violent when 1 parent tries to discipline, and the other doesn't try at all, but automatically takes the kids side in everything (like the lawsuit) and lets the kid do whatever they want to do.

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Someone kicks me in the groin...I'd do whatever I could do without getting in trouble too.

You guys are way to sensitive. She's alive right? I'll bet she thinks twice about kicking a cop in the groin. Come on, lesson learned!

17. DonnyMost

Stop putting words in my mouth.

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

There is absolutely no reason for a grown man in a police uniform to taser a 10 year old. Anyone defending this is ****ing stupid.

Props to Juan and teh thadeus.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so what did you mean by asking "why do you have an agenda against the police

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its still an assumption about the ten years of this girls life, although I don't agree at all with the police officer's actions, obviously if the girl got tased she was acting pretty violently