1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

On just the level of being a man. This is a bit of a b**ch move.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

What do you know about my world? Nothing I imagine.

Why do you have an agenda against the police? What do you hope to accomplish? Do you take any action outside of grousing poetic on this BBS? I'd love to know what your deal is on this topic.

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i think we need some huey lewis in this thread

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ozark Police

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:103440" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southparkstudios.com&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

6. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Ride the lightning, little girl.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Do what the police officers ORDER you to do, and there will be no trouble. :eek: Seems like DISRESPECTING PEACE OFFICERS is just thrown out the window.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She's a 10 year old girl. A kick from her will be irritating but do very little damage. Not unless she is a huge 10 year old or that is one fragile cop.

9. DonnyMost

I wonder if the Taser is now the method of choice because it presents less of a legal liability? If you touch somebody, I'm guessing you might as well bend over and get ready to get raped in court.

10. Jayou

Jayou Member

Watch how quickly that policy will change once a kid with an undiscovered congenital heart defect dies after being tased. It's going to happen someday.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

And that girl will get a million dollar settlement courtesy of the tax payer and the cop will be protected by the union.

12. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Society can't have it both ways. We can't have a finger on our lawyer's speed dial button every time we dial 911.

I have sympathy for the girl (@10) who's just a product of her parents and the cop who is trying to do a job none of us want or realize how difficult it is.

I have NO sympathy for the parents. They are the direction we should be pointing fingers at.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, he will now try to get custody of his daughter...now that he sees dollar signs from a potential law suit. Where has he been for the last 10 years?

And let's gloss over the fact that the kid's "emotional problems" are most likely due to her parents STUPID behavior over the last 10 years.

14. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

Agreed.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

So was the dad there or not?

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

"Parents" doesn't seem to be an entity here. It seems she has a divorced father and mother. The mother pulled a dumb stunt calling the cops to mediate her relationship with her daughter and made it worse by saying the cop should tase her if he has to. The mother isn't the one complaining about the treatment of her daughter.

The cop is a punk for being a pawn in the mother's little authority game. Essentially, this is a way for the mother to physically attack her daughter without doing anything illegal. The cop shouldn't be involved in this domestic dispute.

I have nothing but respect for the father for standing up for his daughter and for wanting to take custody where the mother apparently does not have control. He should be (and probably is) directing his anger at the mother for calling the cops in the first place.

As for Rocket River, I don't think his agenda is anything other than to put the spotlight on abuse of power, of which taser-happy cops has been a common variant.

In this case, I get the feeling the cop wasn't on a power-trip so much as just making a bad decision on how to react to this call. Unless something grave had happened, I think he probably should have said, "Sorry ma'am, I'm not here to discipline your children." But, he might have had no other choice. If the arrest was for something substantial that he couldn't let lie -- like the girl assaulted her mother -- and he couldn't get the girl to calm down enough for a peaceful arrest, tasing may have been the safest option left.

1 person likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Assume much? What makes you think he's been gone? The article hasn't given us much information. They might have just divorced a month ago. They might have split custody right now and he wants full custody. It's not a surprise that the mother has some/all custody, despite familial problems, since courts generally award to the mother unless there is a compelling reason not to.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly. Cops seem to be Tazing at the drop of a hat.
    The rules seems. . . the slightest bit of doubt. . . TAZE.

this is a child.

If this was some 250 Ray Lewis Type I may understand

QUESTION: To those who think the cop was right . . . Would you be ok if the mother had done it? If you find a parent's punishment of choice is to TAZE the kid.

Rocket River

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The surest sign of a police state mentality is how many people giggle, or even applaud a f-ing 10 year old being tasered.

20. DonnyMost

I don't know if it is a police state as much of a "fear state" because the Police are obviously choosing the Taser over the old Greco-Roman takedown for a reason.