1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Investigate Shooting, Pacman Jones Involvement

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MadMax, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

IF he's involved....then what?? Suspend him another year???

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfullstory.asp?ID=93859

Police investigate shooting, Pacman Jones involvement

The Associated Press - ATLANTA

Police were seeking Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones _ now on suspension following a melee and shooting at a Las Vegas strip club _ for questioning about a shooting early Monday morning involving members of his entourage after a fight at an Atlanta strip club.

Jones, his entourage and three other people got into a fight, apparently over a woman, at a club in DeKalb County around 4 a.m., officer Ariel Toledo said.

After everyone involved left the club _ the three people in one car, and Jones and his entourage in three other cars _ someone in Jones' entourage shot at the car, and the others returned fire, Toledo said.

Toledo said Jones was not present when the shots were fired.

"We believe he knows some of his entourage who were involved in the shooting," Toledo said. "On himself, we do not have any charges on him. He wasn't there when the shooting occurred."

One person who was outside the vehicles and not involved in the dispute was injured by debris in the shooting and was treated by emergency medical technicians, Toledo said.

Manny Arora, Jones' attorney, said he was trying to find out what had happened from the police, but he understood Jones was sought only as a witness to the incident.

Authorities have also been investigating what role Jones, a native of College Park, Ga., had in a February shooting outside a Las Vegas club that left a bar employee paralyzed and two other people wounded.

Attorney Robert Langford said no evidence tied Jones to the shooting, but an aide to Clark County District Attorney David Roger said it could take several days to decide if there is enough information to file charges against Jones and two friends.

The Las Vegas allegations were among a series of arrests and encounters with police that led NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend Jones for one season.

Jones agreed last week not to appeal the suspension. The 23-year-old player could be reinstated after 10 games for good behavior if he adheres to conditions set by Goodell and is not arrested again. Missing the entire season would cost him his salary of nearly $1.3 million.

2. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

What a bright individual, fighting over a stripper. :rolleyes:

3. Buck Turgidson

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

[sarcasm] OMG I really can't believe a righteous individual like Adam Jones could be involved with something so heinous[/sarcasm]

5. Buck Turgidson

You'd think that VY's otherworldly leadership skills would turn this guy's life around.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

goes to show that some people are just doomed.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, keeps getting better and better for the titans. Should be a helluva season. *snicker*

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

the sad thing is I thought this was a bumped up thread about the Vegas shooting.

9. Fatty FatBastard

No kidding. Both this and Nifong getting disbarred today show that some people actually get what they deserve.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

im sure someone will step up and claim pacman is being singled out now.

this guy is just a complete moron though...stay home and hire a few strippers

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude, he was suspended for the whole season anyways, its not like this incident matters. it just means if you see stephen jackson or pacman at the club, you better run like VY !

12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

actually i think good behaviour could have got his sentence reduced and he could play part of the second half.

13. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Good things never happen at this time of night. And generally, I would say that good things never happen after midnight.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

my mom told me the exact same thing!! :)

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I was born at 3 o'clock in the morning, so I'm proof positive of that statement...

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How responsible is he for what those around him do?

Rocket River
    hanging with fools is foolish . . but not criminal

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

my dad said the same thing...but a large % of times i've had sex was after midnight.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Obviously it's a bad time for the woman.

Zing!

+1 to hotballa

waiting on DM's comeback :)

EDIT: Drat, I coulda scored 1.5 if I had typed in bad time for the mule or his right hand. sigh wasted opportunities.

19. underoverup

underoverup Member

this guy sure knows how to slip out of trouble doesn't he?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro