1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Helicopters Search Neighborhood Fry & Clay RD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, Jan 7, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Last night there was cop cars searching our neighborhood and a chopper hovering around for about an hour. We live in a community right off Fry & Clay RD, I called the police to see what was going on and was told they were in search of 2 suspects, 1 which had been caught and the other still on the loose. Anyone living near this area hear the chopper and know if the other suspect was caught??

It was freaking me out, I had the entire house on lock down, sitting low and had my gun close to me all evening. Reminded me of the search for the boston marathon bombers. Not as big of scale of course but still, for a chopper to be out I would think it had to be something major that these suspects did to warrant this kind of search effort.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That there North Katy crime is rising. East of Mason and west of Barker Cypress (north of 10 and south of 529) is the new 21st century Alief. West of Mason and especially west of the Grand Parkway will be completely fine though. I understand that was scary. Don't think a criminal on the loose would want to alert homeowners though.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it was Rocketman95

1 person likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I remember a year or two ago having a police helicoptor flying circles over my house and shining a light into everyone's backyards. But, my reaction was to stand on the porch for a few minutes to watch the chopper, and then go inside to watch netflix. I never worried that the guy they were looking for would somehow show up at my house.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5EinnS1oKGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You hunkered down with a gun pointed at the door?!

lols

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

you were also in boston when they were chasing the bomber down?
    crazy...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah I remember this happening back in my outside-the-loop days in Spring Branch when I was young. I'd just go outside hoping the light would shine on me.

Little kid running around playing... y'all are crying into gun barrels. Lulz.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I had to chuckle and roll my eyes too. Are you new to Houston or something?

I live right across from Memorial Park and this is a weekly occurrence due to the close proximity to Washington Ave and I-10. Not once have I ever gone all Ethan Hawke in the Purge and pulled full on lockdown mode. I'm usually on the second story balcony having a beer a puff and not really caring what's going on. I live in a city of close to 7 million, not Luckenbach.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

These out of the loopers will grab for their never fired 9mm and start sweating if they hear a fire truck past 10pm.

I too have similar memories of being a kid and running around with friends to see if the light would shine on us. Lol

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wait...i thought you were supposed to evacuate TO Katy

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

LMAO. This is so true.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Shoot, a drink a puff and running around so the light will shine on me sounds more fun now than when I was 12.

14. trickywhiteguy

I actually live at ElRod and Morton Ranch (less then 1 minute from your neighborhood) We heard all the cops last night which made our neighborhoods extremely vigilant. About 3:15 a.m. last night one of my neighbors posted on your community facebook that their motion sensor had gone off and the caught someone attempting to open their car door. They did not however call the police, then this morning another one of my neighbor saw the person while on their morning run and "chased" them out of the neighborhood.

I wonder if it was the person they were looking for? Do you know if the caught the other person?

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The humanity!!!

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

http://youtu.be/Xs_OacEq2Sk

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xs_OacEq2Sk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek:

I don't think so, bud. Everybody knows he would be gone because TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsGrooGrucks a rocket. Duh. :rolleyes:

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

One time on these weekly occurrences in Montrose, I woke up and I heard the cops in my driveway. So I stepped out my backdoor to my balcony with a staircase to the ground, to be greeted by a 120 lb K9 Unit (Shephard) in full gear with badge on chest coming up the stairs -- who meant business. I got the door shut just in time as he jumped on the door. He didn't bark though. I think I would have been fine unless he was on a scent.

Lesson learned.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

21st century Alief is a bit far-fetched. I live in a neighborhood in this area because the rent is cheaper than anywhere else for a 3 bedroom house.

I live next to an ultra-conservative white family and the husband avoided the question when I asked him what he does for a living. He is constantly fixing up mid 90s models Chevrolet Suburbans and Silverados and believes in corporal punishment. There is a Glenn Beck book inside his vehicle that has been there for quite a long time. His wife works full time for a company located off the Beltway in Westchase and they have 3 daughters who all attend a private Christian school. He is always friendly and courteous but with a boisterous laugh that seems to hint at a bit of superficiality.

My other next door neighbor is a partially Hispanic man married to a white woman. He is a diehard Cowboys fan who on occasion will host a small gathering in his garage with friends and they drink Bud Lights and can be a little rowdy. He is generally friendly but I rarely see him outside.

Across the street lives a very nice Mexican family where the husband works for AT&T. We converse from time to time and he is exceptionally friendly with a laid-back disposition. Our kids are usually out in the street playing soccer together.

Right next to him lives a black family where the husband works as a federal agent. He is a very likable fellow although not without some eccentricities. He hits on my wife when I am not around, and generally can be seen standing outside on his porch in nothing but his boxers at all hours of the night. Nevertheless he is always very friendly despite his unrealistic opinions of New Orleans Saints players and will sometimes throw the football around with my 12 year old. He is also constantly working on a mid 90s model Chrysler Seabring that is usually up on ramps.

19. conquistador#11

chale mano, there is a helicopter every hour in the spring branch. it was a good day if i didn't have to use my pepper spray.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the status of the population in katy is deteriorating at a disturbing rate. glad my family is evacuating in the coming months.