1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I watched the original show and played the original games, but did get into Gen 2, (gold and silver) as the show transitioned there as well. So I might keep playing into that, but past that, it would be difficult for me to stay interested.

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Yeah, I'm losing interest too.

IMO, they need to do something about the eggs. Give out more unbreakable incubators, make the breakable incubators last 10x rather than 3, or make them significantly cheaper in the store. Also, make a wider range of distance to hatch, like 1, 2, 5, 7, 10, 20km.

3. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Three straight 10k eggs turning out to be Eevees is what killed it for me.

That and 99% of the Pokemon I see being Pidgeys and Rattatas.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

or make it tie into google fit or fitbit or some type of step tracking so you don't have to have the app open to acquire steps to hatch.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I was tired of hearing about all the stupid accidents around town due to stupid people doing PGo. Not surprising people are losing interest though, seems like a boring concept after about a month.

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I've got 52 pokemon ready to evolve with a lucky egg. That majority of which are pidgey and rattata. It is a boring grind, and I don't think I'll keep catching them like that.

Game will turn into an after thought soon. Open it when out somewhere, just to see if there is anything interesting popping up.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

There will be a surge of interest every time they add a major feature like trades and battling.

8. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I have to agree about the grind. There is not enough gameplay built in to account for the amount of grinding it would take to get to level 40. This is personally what is turning me off to the game, though I am still playing it.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

More power to you guys. I stopped at lvl 6.

10. SunsRocketsfan

Pokemon Go stampede in Taiwan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MoYjVTbLWyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Youre not playing this game the right way. This game should make you go to parks and special areas. Youre getting pidgeys because you stay in residential

12. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I open it up a few times a day, but I don't go on hunts anymore. Harvesting is super boring after a few weeks. There are a couple of things they could do to in to instantly make the game more fun. One is to stop being so stingy with the Pokemon! It got to be where encountering new ones was too rare to be interesting. And I only have like 75. Make it a little easier to fill out the pokedex, and if you're afraid people will stop playing if they catch them all, just release more. Second, tracking would bring this game to a new level. That's actually what attracted me to the game. Adding that scavenger hunt layer would be much more fun than sitting under lures, waiting.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7z6YPVsohzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The key is the battles. They need to improve the battle system.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Did that POS have a camera on top of his head too?

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not sure that is going to change much for non-PvP as they want it to be kid friendly. I expect the battle system will be tweaked some for PvP when both sides can dodge.

That said, my play is slowing. Just playing when I walk and a couple of gyms in the morning on the way to work.

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

criminals are now live streaming their crimes

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not trying to blame the victim, but one needs to be careful as there are a lot of POSs out there no matter what you are doing. POS is completely at fault for his actions.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I started playing a couple days ago. Today we went to a state park for a hike. I pulled out my phone and a few minutes later a Pikachu showed up. After awhile, another showed up. Then we go in our car driving around for 30 minutes back and forth. In about 45 minutes, I had collected 13 Pikachus. This doesn't include the 4 that ran away.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Wouldn't have happened if he was > level 30