1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So how'd that work out?

2. sew

sew Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/KiUH1qelJO">pic.twitter.com/KiUH1qelJO</a></p>&mdash; A.H. (@_AdrianHinojosa) <a href="https://twitter.com/_AdrianHinojosa/status/757015786057641985">July 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. hvic

hvic Member

is that galveston? lol

4. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I sold Friday when I saw that article and it tanking 10% despite it being released in Japan. Still took a 10% loss but you can't win them all. I just wish I had bought in when it first skyrocketed but I couldn't since I was on the beach.

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Called it.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I bought because of you though damnit, lol. I honestly did though. :(

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Where are all these Snorlax coming from? I cant find one, but it seems they're at every single gym?

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You can get them from 10K eggs.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I found one outside my house yesterday.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Was information about Nintendo's limited stake in the Pokemon game's company not publicly available?

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ran into our first location spoofer yesterday. It's annoying as hell watching gyms go down by some ******* on a PC who is too fat to walk. Of course, there is absolutely no way to report it. All the broken features of the game are starting to add up, I might be done with it.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

And I thought I was upset about a potion shortage. Starting Saturday, I just stopped getting potions of any kind very often. My disabled list is 13 Pokemon deep after helping raise the prestige on a three gyms so my wife could add her Pokemon before collecting rewards.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think a lot of investors are just stupid. They just saw Pokemon...assumed it was 100% Nintendo and dumped money into them.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The world of Robinhood LMAO!!!

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've been throwing out potions. I get way more than I need.

16. neutralgrey

neutralgrey Member

17. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Once I hit level 21 tomorrow, I'm done. 9 balls to catch a weedle, 5 for a pidgey? No! Today an Venusaur showed up at my park. I tossed it a Razz Berry and 2 ultra balls, and it ran away. Whatever, but this poor girl next to me burned through her whole stash of poke balls trying to catch the damn thing. To no avail. A few minutes later I saw her speed walking to a cluster of pokestops, so she could replenish then hurry back and hopefully try again. She had clearly just gotten off of work, still in her scrubs, sweaty. The look on her face of blank desperation at another chance at the Venusaur, that look told me it's time to get out. :)

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think the other problem with the game is that there really isn't much to do after you've caught a few pokemon and leveled up. Plus there is no incentive to level up your pokemon and watch them get better. Also it kind of sucks for people who live in areas without a ton of pokemon players in one area at one time.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a BETA guys, it is going to get way better.

They need to implement a better battle system.

20. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They need a way to battle friends.

I also actually preferred the old school style of battles (IE, take your turn). You could use potions, power ups, etc. Maybe it takes the battle longer, and this is more "real life", but I feel like there is no reason my electabuzz should lose to a slowbro.

I'm on of those not in the greatest area at home, so I've only caught 44 different ones. A buddy of mine is in a better spot and has already passed me on the number of pokemon he caught.

I think eventually this will be an app I only open when I'm in a new area.