1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pokémon evolution calculator
    For those who are curious to see whether they should evolve or wait until you find a stronger one.

http://pogotoolkit.com

#521 got em COACH, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Need to move to Tokyo asap...
    [​IMG]

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Fixed.

[​IMG]

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anybody in the Jersey Village area, Bane Park on Little York and Gessner has like 9 Pokestops concentrated in one small park. It took about 10 minutes to walk a loop so you can stock up in a hurry. Between the captures, the stops and some evolving, use a lucky egg and you can make an XP killing. Went from level 9 to 12 in about 45 minutes. Managed to catch an Abra and Bulbasaur as well.

This is the first good session I got in since it went up in Japan, expected issues but probably had my smoothest session yet. And the sheer amount and diversity of people playing this game will never cease to fascinate me. I saw an old lady, basically every race, father son combos, teenage girls and 2 couples. Over the 45 minutes I had to see at least 20 people playing the game.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Been planning to go to the park for a while. I took a screen grab and showed some friends this area.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was there today for a company outing. Place is loaded. Caught a geodude some rhino thing, pikachu, golden duck... Few others I can't think of. There was a Squirtle there too but I couldn't find it.

8. hvic

hvic Member

In the se side of Houston the yellow team are less common with players but they do have some really strong players to take over gyms

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Powering up first or evolving first will still lead to the same Pokemon at the same cost. The difference being that you get experience evolving which leads to leveling up. Being higher level is beneficial. Having evolved Pokemon is beneficial usually. Also, if you get a crappy evolution (e.g. jolteon or bad moves), you don't waste your time, star dust powering up a dud.

10. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

So do you have to be playing an ungodly amount of hours to ever have a decent battle at a gym? I hope they add features where you can just battle friends.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not for most gyms. Match ups are important (e.g. water beats fire). You get 6 Pokémon so you should have a shot at gyms 4 and smaller even if they have 1,2 tough guys. Also, you can dodge (it will say when defender is teeing up their big attacks) when the defense doesn't. Also, if you have a friend fighting at same time, you both do damage I believe.

12. Brando2101

The weakest players at the gyms have guys with over 700 CP. I've played a decent amount and the highest one I have is about 300cp and not many others close to that.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When you get a bit higher, find a gym of your same team and battle it until it levels up then put your pokemon in.

14. Brando2101

Can you elaborate? I went a gym with my color and my pokemon got their faces kicked in. I didn't see the difference between that an when I went to a gym for a different team.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Every tine you train at a gym the gym level raises. When it raises by 2000 you can put in another pokemon. Up to level 10.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The CP tends to jump in phases. You are probably close to having guys in the 500-700 range. At that level, I'd evolve the 3 biggest Pidgeys you can find all the to Pidgeots. Those should be 500-700 pretty quickly. Get a friend to help or just attack when others are attacking.

17. Brando2101

I guess I need to watch a video because I still don't understand.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If the gym is owned by the same team as you, all you can do is train. By train, you send out one Pokemon to battle the Pokemon in the gym. As you keep training, the level of the gym goes up (you can see how many prestige points needed for the next level). Once it goes up a level, you can add one of your Pokemon into the gym.

If the gym is owned by a different team, you can battle with the Pokemon in the gym. You can send up to 6 Pokemon to battle and you need to win all of your battles to knock out the worst Pokemon out of the gym. After you knock all of them out, then you can place your Pokemon in the gym. It is best to go with friends on the same team to take over a gym as then after you take over the gym, they can train their Pokemon and raise the level of the gym and place their Pokemon in the gym making it harder for other teams to knock out.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

http://pogotoolkit.com/

To answer the question, I'm not sure. Depends on how much powering up adds to the unevolved Pokemon and how much powering up adds to the evolved Pokemon

20. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UMpaRGD8YCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>