1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The good thing about this is that people are getting out of their houses and walking around, but the bad thing is that people are getting out of their houses and walking around.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

right, but how do I know what that number is

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

the bar on the top. But it is also dependent on your level. A level 20 has a higher possible bar than a level 5.

This is a 475 CP Eevee for a level 20. At level 21 the dot on the semicircle will move counter clockwise a bit and the max will be raised.
    [​IMG]

Also use correct term for confusion. Are you talking about Evolving or Powering up?

#363 Bandwagoner, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  4. Buck Turgidson

This is why I was asking, Poke-trespassing has already become a problem, I need to call my insurance agent to see if my liability covers "Pokemoners".

5. hvic

hvic Member

I dont have to worry about pokemon players trespassing on my property because it only attracts ratatta

6. hvic

hvic Member

damn bandwagoner are you stocking up on stardust?

7. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think a lot of players aren't using stardust. No reason to use it if you can get to a higher level and catch higher CP a little bit down the line.

8. hvic

hvic Member

Im at level 14 with 45k in stardust. I used it at first but then found out it was useless when I would catch a stronger pokemon.

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

U usually use stardust after you evolve because if u use all ur **** first then evolve u got the risk of having a bad move set

10. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

I read something that was interesting, but I want to know if y'all tend to agree or disagree.

Theory: It is best to max out the semi-circle (through powering up) for the lower level pokemon prior to evolving them. The reason explained was.. Say you evolve an Eevee who was only 75% powered up. Once you evolve the Eevee, the evolved Pokemon will be limited to 75% of it's full potential. However, if you evolve the Eevee all the way up (100% of it's CP), you will be able to further power up the evolved Pokemon and allow it to reach its full potential.

To me, this makes sense and adds another level of strategy to the game. Say I have 125 Poliwag candies. Do I just evolve it all the way up to a Poliwrath, then power it up? Or do I get a Poliwag that is a fully powered up, and then evolve that?

Thoughts?

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

NSFW Language

<iframe width="352" height="198" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HqAkfFOBTP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I've been wondering this too. Does it make sense to powerup lower forms of pokemon before evolving them?

13. hvic

hvic Member

I think it is only worth powering up lower form of pokemon if they have a really strong attack.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I thought it was generally believed that it doesn't matter if you power up before or after evolving

15. Buck Turgidson

The Texas State Parks are all about this. Go to your nearest one and just check in at the front station.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That is my understanding. I haven't upgraded before evolving, but basically it seems the CP arc stays the same after evolving, so I believe if it is at 100% before, it would be 100% after.

17. Remix

Remix Member

Anyone else able to log in yet?

I'm getting a message that I need to activate my account...

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

According to the crowdsourced guide, evolving a pokemon may change their attacks.

19. hvic

hvic Member

I've been in and out of the game fine. are you using a gmail account?

20. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Right now all I am evolving are crappy pokemon that I have tons of candy for. This morning I sat between 3 lured stops I used a lucky egg and an incense and evolved a bunch of ratatas and pidgeys and such. I went from close to 15 to 3/4 of the way to 17 before they all ran out. I will evolve serious pokemon after I level up some more.