1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Point Guard Heavy Teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 18, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, I was thinking more about Bazemore + Anderson, but to your point that might not have been possible. Then moving Ariza for backcourt help.

But I think it is likely just a different path to the same endpoint... a team with upside, but obvious holes at almost every position.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Tyus Jones? Why? Because he won a worthless and meaningles SL mvp title? He can't defend his shadow in the real game.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fits the Rockets new 'culture' perfectly, in that case!

4. basketballholic

You see my vision accurately. You just don't want to see it. You know Harden would average 35 or more without primary playmaking responsibilities and he'd still get 5 or so assists running from the top with and without Rubio. The difference would be with Rubio we could exploit James in catch and shoot and blow bys while lowering his and our teams turnover count substantially w while generating a tin if ball movement that would make other role players look like superstars themselves.

You know all these things oak. You simply choose to ignore them and drink beards kool-aid.

5. dmoneybangbang

I see Harden having more success being a 20 pt 12 assist primary playmker type of guy. Too much would have to work out for Harden and Rubio to co-exist.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I honestly don't think I see your vision. I think your vision of off ball Harden and my vision of off ball Harden may be different. I'm thinking Rip Hamilton fighiting through picks and catch & shooting when I think off ball. Seems like maybe you see Harden doing different things off ball, which could be valid. I think you do draw upon more bball knowledge & experience than I do, so it is possible you have something valid in mind that I have not conceptualized.

Thing is there really hasn't been any indication the Rockets want to move in this direction you are talking about. I guess it could be interesting theoretically. Practically though, it might not be something to seriously get into if it's not going to happen.