1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Point guard alternatives

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zaam, Jul 1, 2013.

1. StevieCrossover

Got to move lin during the trade deadline. Improve his stock before they trade him. 15 million dollars on the last year of his contract is crazy. As long as theres harden, I say we dont need lin. He would be undwrutilized.

2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

The capspace stays the same through the contract?
    His pay?
    Not my money and anyway. I don't care.

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are wrong and need to be "educated."

Some people just have different opinions.

Agreed. But then again, it's summer vacation so maybe that's why :grin:

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

move him for who though? Keep in mind you're taking back a contract that has to be similar in salary.

Lin is an expiring contract come his last year, that's money off the books and more cap space. By trading him you're hurting your cap space cause you're bringing back someone with in all likelihood a longer contract .

Just like the Knicks, they should've just let the Ewing contract expire. He was injured and overpaid so the Knicks ended up trading him, getting somewhat talented players with bad and longer contracts back and well the rest is history.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I guess you are right. 25/12 really IS possible.

6. ERC

ERC Member

Hmm... what's wrong with you? :confused: :confused: :confused:

A user posted he was a tad confused about Lin's contract and I was just trying to help clarify it. I merely listed the #s; didn't even offer any opinion/comment.

Chill a little, will ya?

7. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

The Lin trade rumors came out when we were desperately trying to clear cap space to sign Dwight. It's completely understandable that the FO would make a few exploratory phone calls to gauge interest in Lin in a salary shedding move, as opposed to sending out both White and Robinson. This does not indicate that Morey wants to "dump" Lin, and neither would it make any sense.

Lin has already proven to be a solid starting point guard in this league over the past season. He's high character, unselfish, pass-first, has been improving his outside shot, and still young. I have no objections to trading Lin if it means a sure-fire upgrade at the 1 spot, but lateral or even downgrading moves like Jeff Teague, Andre Miller and Jose Calderon make very little sense to me. You might HAVE to trade both Lin and Asik if you were to get a max salary type player in return, just for salary matching purposes, but Morey has come on record saying that Lin is in the team's long term plans. There's no reason to think that the Rockets are desperate to move Lin. Plus, with Howard, Harden and Parsons, Lin is hardly the make-or-break piece of this team now. He's a solid option. That's it.

Some LOHs are just crazy.

1 person likes this.
  8. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Agree, some LOH are not just crazy, they are jealous and coward. I can't see any of them dare to boo Lin at the court, so they hide behind internet to show their manhood. What a shame.