1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Podcast] Morey on 610 today: talking Lin, free agency & expectations for next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 8, 2013.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Read the posts before mine on this very page and tell me again who brought up Harden.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I have read them long ago and won't read them again. All I know is that you quoted a post, that post doesn't have Harden on it and you brought it up.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Are you kidding me? Harden was the 1st word of the 2nd line in the post I quoted.

Which was immediately followed by:

I will take high the rode and refrain from calling you a "smarta$$". Carry on seeing what you wanna see.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Fork, my bad, I guess I was only reading the bolded line.

Any how, Lin has improved a lot and has his TO down. His AST/TO ratio is pretty good, even when compared to a lot of elite point guards. Good point guards take risk. TOs are usually good because they are aggressive.

Again, the problem was created by people who think Lin is really bad with TOs when in fact it is just slightly bad.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Must defend Lin

Must do so by attacking Harden, Mchale, Morey, Beverly, Asik, Delfino and Garcia

But not Parsons

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I won't stop you if you have to do that but I must say that I find the customary divisiveness of this forum quite annoying.

7. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I'm glad to see patience finally paid off for Grizzlies...can't remember how many years he underperformed as a high lottery pick.

8. Razsan

Razsan Member

Just curious, I listened to the interview and being in the east, I don;t know who the radio guys are. They kept saying "Beverly CLEARLY out performed Lin"
    Do these guys drink before going on the air? Beverly's overall starting stats were significantly lower than Lin's April numbers. If we're judging guys by 1 game and while they're injured....man that Manu Ginobli guy stinks.

9. arjun

arjun Member

he really came into his own after lowry was traded and after he got that contract.

grizzlies showed confidence in conley and i think that pushed him over the top to be THAT player.

Similar to Parsons in Houston...hopefully Lin can have the same effect.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's not like he's carrying the team thru the playoffs... if anything the two big guys are pulling the load and making it much easier for Conley.

He's an adequate PG that should help the team make it past OKC but nothing of an elite level guy.

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I do believe its called a knee-jerk reaction.

Majority of Clutchfans are prone to it.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Some people will complain about Lin blindly and you can't win any argument. But for people who only weigh their judgements on performance than it is true Lin sucked the first game. But so did everyone suck the first game. Lin had a good first half in the second game and then he got injured. He was never the same the rest of the series. He couldn't extend. He was in severe pain. Durant reinjured it to make matters worse. It's okay to complain about his poor limited play after the injury. But at least acknowledge he was injured from the second half of the second game and you truly only have the 1st game to complain about his poor play while uninjured.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

Please justify this. I'm of the belief his AST/TO is below average. Where does it rank among starting PGs?

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I hope this is sarcasm. Only way you wont invalidate yourself.

15. Razsan

Razsan Member

Puleeese...you want to bring common sense into a Lin discussion??? Away with you...

BTW - You're spot on

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

41st among all PGs in AST/TO is the definition of below average. But to be fair I do think his below average ratio has more to do with his TO problem than an inability to create assists. His AST/48 is actually pretty impressive when you factor in how much Harden handles the ball. Once he cleans up the TOs I think he will sport a fairly good AST/TO ratio. Gotta be patient...

17. just a word

just a word Member

I think it was 6 years if memory serves. Nash, not saying either PG in the conversation is like him except for the shape of the development curve, took about 5 years to get to roughly his current level.

imo, it probably takes about 3~5 years for a PG to develop, unless the PG in question is just astonishing like Dame or Drose. With big men it's probably more in the 4~8 range just because so much of their job is about defense and that takes longer to pick up for young players in general.

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It is true that if compared to other starters right now his ratio is not very good. However, how many of them are first year starters? Real good PGs take time to develop, as they mature they learn through their mistakes and cut down on their TOs; they find out what works and what doesn't. They do have the vision but have to adjust to elite defenders in this league. Here are some examples of early years of good point guards: Nash 2.1/1, 7.3/2.9; Kidd 7.7/3.2. 9.7/4. These are risk takers and very exciting to watch.

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

or the opposite...

Must hate on Lin.

I have no life.

I must hate to feel better about myself.

Must post thinly disguised Lin hate thread so we can attack him.

I have nightmares of Lin playing well and winning the championship with this team. He could ruin everything I've built my hate on.

God! I hate myself!

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Point blank, Jeremy needs to become a better shooter.

There is no reason he should be shooting under 80% from the free throw line.

He needs to pump up his percentages across the board.

46%-48% from the field, 36%-38% from 3, and 85% from the line.

If he starts hitting shots, EVERYTHING will improve.