1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Podcast] Morey on 610 today: talking Lin, free agency & expectations for next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 8, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is true. It wouldn't help their basketball operation.

Financially speaking, conceivably the Rockets could sue White AFTER the fact and recover the money they had paid him. Whether it's worth the effort, especially in light of the publicity risk, is another matter.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

GIGO is a fair criticism, but honestly I think there is a lot that can be gleaned even from public data. And there's a lot of stuff publicly available that's not in the boxscore as well.

Of course there's some proprietary stuff the Rockets have that gives deeper insight. But, at the end of the day, we kind of know which players they value and don't value based on who they pursue, and its mostly in agreement with what the so-called "advanced stats" that are publicly available show.

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

morey interviews are great.
    so glad he is our GM

4. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Talk about being defensive or paranoid! You read into things what you to read.

I never said that data was wrong. Never said to discredit the data. I said with all the negativity, he needed to remind folks of the positive things Lin did in he year.

GM's won't talk bad about their own players. They talk up their players to the media. That's just how it goes.

1 person likes this.
  5. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Again never said i was untrue.

6. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Again "Since there has been so much negativity on Lin lately, it would be in his best interest to remind folks the positive impact Lin had on the team during the season." does not mean make stuff up.

It's just to focus on the positive impact.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well said. One could only hope for a forum with better decorum.

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Me too. I one of the few ppl who want to see how Trob develops here. I think his ceiling is very high.

9. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

+1000,000,000

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Good post.

11. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

Again, Techie, you're trying too hard to diminish Lin.

12. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

x100000000000000

Preach it son! Keep preaching the truth!!

13. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

Amen x100000000! Keep on preaching my son. Give them the truth!

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Very cool to hear Morey say this about Lin. Particularly that we wouldn't have made the playoffs without him. Thanks for posting, very insightful.

That being said, I can't endure reading 11 pages of defensive Lin fans celebrating their one moment of affirmation after a season of inconsistent play and a downright unfortunate playoff series. It's like D-Day for Lin fans in here.

15. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Lin played decent during regular season. I was disappointed that he did not play confidently during playoffs. Although I will wait one more year to see how he improves, I am beginning to think his ceiling is Conley level at best. Lin is a passer, not a shooter or has a variety of offensive weapon and does not seem to be a good off the ball player. I feel one reason Lin might not do as well during playoffs is because during playoffs, teams resort to ISO plays more.

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I think Lin might average 15 to 16 PPG next season but will not average 7 assists per game, mainly because he will be looking to score more. As far as I am concerned, you have to perform during playoff to establish your reputation.

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

It looks to me that the problem with Lin is his mental approach and confidence, not his ability. If he plays more confidently, that would go a long way.

18. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Please be reasonable. Lin helped so much for the team to get into the playoffs. How about those two win games without Harden and Parsons? If you deducted them, Rockets was not even in the 8th seed. How many games lost by Harden due to his iso play in the clutch time? possibly 10 games? So see the facts.

19. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

X 1,000,000,000 chinese people!

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

mike_lu was being sarcastic there.