1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PLEASE trade for a PF NOW..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Jan 16, 2003.

1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I don't agree with your logic. Starting Eddie now only means that Eddie is the BEST option CURRENTLY for the Rox. This does not mean that he can compete against the Western Conferences other top PFs. Did you watch him against Gasol? or Malone? and even Stoudamire..

I know those guys usually do fairly well but they had WAY ABOVE AVERAGE games against Eddie...

Fact is, Eddies strengths at this time do not suit our team at the PF spot. He is good at shooting 3s... Shooting jumpers.. WHile we need a guy that plays d, hustles, gets lose balls, sets screens, adn does the dirty work..

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

True, I feel you on that. But I would rather have Eddie starting then Mo-T. Even though Eddie has been beaten up a bit with stronger players, he can still put up decent blocks against them (Vs. Garnett). But only time will tell. :)

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Don't trade EG,he is starting to show what he is capable of and I think he will get better with more time.We do need a physical veteran but at the present time it's going to be difficult to get one right now.
    When Najera was drafted by the Rockets I was happy but I thought trading for Langhi made sense because of our problems at the SF spot. I wish that they had kept Najera.

4. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

here's a name for you..DANNY FOTSON...
    as you were...

5. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

oops...FORTSON

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I am not saying that we have to trade Eddie. Maybe move him into the SF spot (since he likes to shoot outside anyways) and let him play some BACK UP PF.

Fortson is good at rebounding but he doesnt hustle too much anymore.. What do you guys think about Lorenzen Wright? Memphis has too many big guys.. Maybe we can give them Glen Rice for him. Wright has a huge contract as well..

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Danny Fortson? HELL NO. He only gets so many rebounds because he never guards his man, always trying to be in position for the board. So....no. Hell no.

8. Secret Agent 7

Danny Fortson is fat!