1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please stop starting Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Mar 18, 2019.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I would agree normally but Faried might be injured or w/e he hasnt played great as of late lost some of the focus he had oth Tucker has really dialled in he has become gunshy but last game he had 3 steals at least (for some reason he only got credited one but he def had more) as well as shot 50% from 3.

Tucker>>>>Faried right now its not even funny.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

1. its a luxury to have someone like ego off the bench but we have a hole at SF and he's the best 2 way player we have available. the numbers support that lineup as well. its important to get off to a good start, especially against top teams in the playoffs.

2. the issue of bench scoring isn't that big of a deal since we have a HOF pg on the court for all 48 minutes. stagger the minutes of our 3 guards as we have enough scoring at all times.

3. offense has never been the issue. defense is what we need to worry about.

Deuce likes this.
  3. Chamillionaire

Although he says he doesn't mind coming off the bench, he really truly wants to start I think. I mean he's been in the league awhile now and has already established himself as a borderline all-star player (Clippers).

I really don't care who starts although I think House should be.

4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I know chuck well. I played against him in HS .... positional defense is great but rebounding is the main issue I speak of bro. That’s our biggest weakness. The rotations are more balanced when EG is SG or PG when harden or Paul are resting
    @roslolian finishing games is more matchup and score based. Eg will be in them to finish especially if we are down.

bj3175 likes this.
  5. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Clueless D'Antoni will stick to his small-ball lineup, no matter what, because that's his whole philosophy, and that's what bugs me about him. He can't change. "Screw all the evidence pointing to stars needing rest. I'll keep overextending their minutes." "Screw all the indicators pointing to the small-ball lineup being ineffective. I'll keep rolling those out until they improve."

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now that CP3's shooting and scoring is back at its place, Starting Gordon does not seem necessary.

He did well enough while filling in for CP3's 14-15 point attempts previously.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Except rebounding and defense is a very good reason. Do you guys just care about scoring?

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Sounds like bullshit. They've had plenty of bad third quarters to realize that. CP even addressed that a week ago or something. One good 3rd quarter doesn't suddenly mean the lineup works.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun care where he scores.

Off the bench preferably.

10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

That's not that good of a record for a championship-seeking team...

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I don't like Gordon Starting but the facts are if they are winning don't mess with that. The only thing I will say is EG needs to get some good minutes where he becomes Cp3 and James's main target on the floor at times. I would like some pick n rolls with EG and Faried that would open some easy buckets for EG and Faried as well

ramotadab likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lyrical Assassin ^^^

I'd still worry more about matchups and House seem better starting, but there is logic in Gordon's remaining.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. PeppermintCandy

I love having Gordon off the bench, but for now, it makes more sense to keep him in the starting lineup.
    Against most teams, what the Rockets give up in rebounding and size, they are making up for in offensive firepower and mobility.
    And so far, the starting lineup with Gordon has been playing good to great defense, as well. (BTW I think EGO has really improved his defense since joining the Rockets.)

Also, last year's Rockets really needed Gordon in the second unit because without him, there was a lack of offense.
    This season, Rivers, House, and Green give the bench some more offensive options. Especially when Paul is on the court orchestrating things, they have the potential to dominate the opposing team's second unit.

Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  14. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Start Faried and move tucker to 3

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It makes zero sense we start Gordon now that we have House, Rivers and Faried.

Our rebounding is pathetic when starting Gordon.MDA is so stubborn on his small ball.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

When you have CP3 and Harden on the court, Gordon is just a streaky shooter.

17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Ego on Klay
    Tucker on KD
    Leave Donkey wide open at the 3 PT line and watch the bricks pile up if he even dares to shoot it

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I didn’t mind Ryno as a player. He was just grossly overpaid.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Starters:

Harden
    CP3
    Capela
    PJ
    House

That should be the starting lineup.

DD

20. mockster

mockster Member

Eric Gordon is a good player it doesn’t matter if he starts or not but I will agree off the bench it gives us good firepower for that second unit