1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please stop posting about overpriced 3rd Stringers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cody, Sep 10, 2004.

1. cody

cody Member

All this talk about Laettner and Fizer..... for what. A third stringer needs to classify as one of the following:

1) A Project - Happy to be in the NBA, has potential and could probably turn in a quality player given the right situation. This person is satisified with playing in only 20 games per season and always being on the injured list. Not to mention he only gets paid the minimum. ( aka Mike Wilks)

2) A Veteran - Not just any veteran, but one willing to except the vet minimum and be a mentor to all the young guys on the team. He wont put up the best stats, but he will play his heart out everytime he's on the court. ( aka Charles Oakley, Mark Jackson)

3) Business Decision - This is someone that has some how ended up on our roster for a variety of reasons. He has an expiring contract, he came as a part of a trade, etc.... But he is still going to play every chance he gets like its his last. ( ake Spoon, Gaines)

Laettner makes too much to be picked up off Free Agency just to sit on the bench. Even if he accepted the vet minimum, he wouldn't be happy not getting seeing as though he's been a starter or has gotten valuable playing time his entire career. Besides with him and Mo-T on the same team, I doubt either of them will be available (suspended) after Christmas.

Fizer hasn't been in the league long enough to be considered a vet, and Howard and Taylor are far better than him.

Spoon did good things for us last year, as did Padgett. Gaines still needs to be tested..... OUR ROSTER IS SET.. NO MORE THREADS ABOUT WHO WE SHOULD PICK UP BECAUSE THEY ARE AVAILABLE.....

unless its KG, Duncan, or Iverson

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

We should pick up Greg Buckner, I heard he was a stud.

3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Alton Ford

showed willingness to work hard last year. good bulk. league minimum. has some upside. could be a carl herrera?

4. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Thanks cody for telling everyone else how to post. I'm now more informed.

w/o these threads..I'd have nothing to read at work...so don't stop them. Thanks.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'd rather have Braggs.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Please stop posting about stopping posting.

7. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

This stop posting post about stopping posting has got to stop... uh posting about... uh stopping or uh posting an stuff. YEAH stop it!!!!

8. Nero

Nero Member

I'm fed up in this country with being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired!

I'm certainly not!

And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!

;)

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Is it just me or are none of coby's threads insiteful what so ever??

10. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

about posting.. about posting..about posting.. posting...

^^bump^^