1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

PLEASE KEEP LAMB!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I meant they had the pick to trade when it was assured that they had the pick. Around the draft when it was rumored that Dwight could be traded that's when they said that they weren't after Howard.

It's mostly speculation though that Howard opted in just to not go to Houston. I guess it makes sense he would do that, but then if he really wanted to go to Brooklyn then it makes more sense to not opt in. Could be what really happened is that he hoped Orlando would spend more time getting him to Brooklyn or that the Nets would spend more effort trying to make a appealing deal to the Magic.

I'm saying they realized that getting howard would be too expensive and went with the cheaper option. Otherwise if they wanted Howard so bad they would have made cap clearing moves and instead did the exact opposite. Lets not forget that Jerry West is part of that FO now as a consultant.

If what the Magic really want is cap relief and a young player or two than the Warriors could have set themselves up to open up some more cap space and around this time offer a competing deal that includes players like Thompson or Curry or Barnes. Instead they trade away Ellis to take on Bogut and then trade Jackson who would be a expiring for Jefferson who has a hefty option which i'm sure he'll accept. They go the complete opposite direction. I'm saying at that point they completely gave up on Dwight.

Yeah their deal may not have been as enticing then and (many thought Houston's wasn't all that great at the time either) the Magic didn't deal Dwight any ways so we'll never know, but GSW didn't look to improve their deal either and just like the Nets recently did, looked elsewhere to improve their team.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

After the last 2 games, I think everyone here needs to come to the realization that Lamb will almost assuredly be included in any deal for Howard or Bynum. And since I believe there is a very high likelihood that we will pull one of those off, its best to say your good byes now.

The good news is that hopefully we can keep some of our other better prospects now given Lamb's rising value. Namely, Terrence Jones who has really impressed me. I was pretty sure that he would be include in any deals as well, but hopefully we can pawn off Morris instead now.

3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm sold on Lamb. This kid is gonna be special.

4. PeppermintCandy

He already has three definite go-to moves that I have seen. And he's only 20 years old. Impressive.

5. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I'd rather give up D-Mo and keep Lamb.. but thats just me, Dwight played with another player similar to D-Mo in Ryan Anderson last year, i dont think that will keep him in Houston

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

he will be a star.. its sad that a rookie SG has to bring the ball up the court because all our PG's suck and cant even beat full court pressure

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Left handed 7 footers with a great touch is hard to come by.

Even if his ceiling is the current Bargnani that's a flat out steal for a 20th pick.

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

He wont be that good.. and im starting to wonder what if the Wolves hadnt taken him at 20 for Morey.. how far would D-Mo have fallen in the draft

he looks way to soft out there

Lamb is humble( nice interview at half-time mentioning Parsons).. not cocky and looks more sure of himself out there. He plays within his limits and doesnt try to do to much

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Lamb is going to be an All Star. I also think he'll be doing that in Orlando. You have to give in order to get. It's a bummer, and I hate the idea of losing Lamb, but if we want Howard, that's what we're looking at.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

People already claiming Lamb will be an all star after 2 summer league games. This is why i luv clutchfans.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sounds like many of you haven't heard the latest Dwight rumor.

12. liveguy

liveguy Member

Up the thread because I agree.

Mini beast!

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

If Morey is giving them multiple draft picks, they can draft their own Jeremy Lamb.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Because his shot is pretty much money and he has been playing good defense in two games. It's actually time for you to get off of that high hate horse.

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Jeremy Lamb isn't on some sort of luck streak. He's been showing us his dribble pull up jumpers, floaters, excellent shooting at both the FT and 3 pt line, and ability to move off the ball. These are SKILLS, not luck.

He's going to be legit.

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

? enlighten us

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

SHHH. As long as ORL's GM believes it as well. Well, I actually think Lamb will be a very good player. A very good expendable player.

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

This is nothing, their were like 20 D-Mo threads after his one summer league game

Lamb, Parsons, and Jones are the only keepers

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, enlighten us coach. What is the latest rumor?

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I said that before summer league started. Do a search if you don't believe me. This kid was talked about as a top 5 pick, and it's a fluke, IMO, that he fell to the Rockets. We just lucked out. What's a bummer is that it looks like Orlando will end up with him. Howard will make that easier to take.