1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please Help! My Elmer's not working.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Zboy

Zboy Member

Hey guys, can you help me out here?

Recently I got this used bottle of Elmer's glue. I had some stuff I needed to, you know, hold together. Of course I had to give up something in return. So I traded away my annual raffle ticket for it.

Why give up the raffle ticket you ask? Well, I was just losing faith in those things. I played the game couple of times over the years but was not coming up with much. The year before, the Raffle won me a Ball holder. I thought I was getting a

[​IMG]

Instead, whenever I come back home, the only thing I find in my display case is this...

[​IMG]

I should also mention that my ticket at the time wasn't looking as great as it should have been because I had been goofing around in Aspen, Colorado, the year before when I should have been investing in a better prize ticket.

So I decided to get rid of the ticket and got me this...

[​IMG]

So what is my complaint you ask?

Well, in a relaxed environment my Elmer’s Glue works good, sometimes even great. But here's the problem. When I am under pressure, and need to get things done quickly to make those May project deadlines, the thing just craps out on me. The damn thing just cannot handle pressure and is not sticking to anything. All my pieces are falling apart. Sometimes it only works in one corner of the room and a lot of times during this time of the year, I can’t even find my Elmer’s! The previous owner mentioned something about it but I never bothered to check on its history…

Since I am not getting what I want out of my Elmer's when I need it the most, I am just wondering if I overpaid for it and whether I should have just held on to my Raffle ticket. In either case, I think I definitely should have asked for more than just an Elmer's, especially considering I threw in a nice pair of pogo sticks with my ticket.

[​IMG]

Granted, I hardly ever used my pogo stick but atleast it entertained me once or twice a year for couple a mins.

God only knows what the other guy won with my ticket. To make matters worse, I recently found out that the same guy gave up some Spanish goodies to some rich Hollywood folks for some used Q-tips and this....

[​IMG]

So where do I go from here, guys? Should I just take the hit and let my Elmer's bottle run out? Or should I go get an upgrade? I heard California has this stuff on sale...

[​IMG]

#1 Zboy, Apr 22, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  2. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

LOL great thread.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

Zboy has found a new someone to complain about in replacing Juwan Howard.

Nice little story Zboy even if I don't agree with the premise behind it. Your Elmer's glue is doing just fine. We just happen to be short 40% of our true starting lineup.

4. bravo six

bravo six Member

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

ha this was very creative. Two thumbs up my man.

6. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Member

It sux that we couldn't get Brandon Roy because of what happened in Aspen but I also blame the Celtics for making that stupid trade with the Trailblazers or else the Elmers glue would have been a playmakin 2nd year allstar.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

The other guy picked up something gay with the raffle ticket you gave him

8. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

9. Zboy

Zboy Member

Despite its deficiencies, there are a number of situations where I do find my Elmer's very useful.

I am just wondering if I overpaid for it and if I could have gotten more for what I gave up.

#9 Zboy, Apr 22, 2008
  10. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

11. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

man elmer is too weak if you want to glue something as big and heavy as a bball at this time of the year.

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

Instant Krazy Glue.

LOLLLLL

Butterfinger

:D

13. orbb

orbb Member

We overpaid no doubt. That scoring 'punch' we seem to lack, an SF who could hit an 18ft jumper would make it a non issue.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Your Elmer's is not the problem, unfortunately for you, it's not the answer either.

Zboy = my favorite GARM & NBA Dish poster.

Classic!

#14 tigermission1, Apr 22, 2008
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wonderful thread, I have been against Krazy glue, but after watching these playoffs, I may change my mind....and roll the dice.

DD

16. Blake

Blake Member

Great question. Could we have gotten more on draft day? After Roy was gone, not really sure. Gay wasn't a sure thing. Not sure how valuable that pick was at the time. However, knowing now what Gay has become, obviously we could have gotten more for the pick. Then? Not sure...but I do know that I was pissed when we made the trade, but I realize how valuable the Elmers can be when we have two dominating players on the court. But still...those 19 points would sure be coming in handy now that we only have one player who is sometimes dominating.

Also, the pogo stick was sucking out $6-7 million per and it didn't work very well for the person that you traded it to.

I t

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Five stars.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

The glue works just fine. It may not stick at times but if the pen is broken and you cant finish the project with it, what do you need glue for.

19. durvasa

durvasa Member

Interesting story, but shouldn't this go in hang out?

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Member

Bumped for awesomeness.