1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please help my country spread the word

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Landry92, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I didnt know where to put this but since no major american media outlet is covering this .. I wanted to spread the suffering of my people ..

please spread it around if u can .. I would really apprecite it .. thankx in advance

This just a drop in the ocean what is hidden is far greater .. this video is just to help U get the main idea

U can help Bahrain just by spreding the word .. Thnkx

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DOlW4VSg7ik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I wonder why the US isn't more aware of what's going on in Bahrain. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being BFF's with Saudi.

#2 sammy, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you mean the US government, the US people or both? The US government is very aware of what is going on in Bahrain. Its not doing much for a variety of reasons including being allied with the Saudis. Regarding the US people there has been a fair amount of coverage about Bahrain but not as much as Libya or Egypt earlier. I don't think that has as much to do with friendly feelings towards the Saudis but that the scale of the conflict in Libya is bigger and more violent and Egypt is the most populous Arab country. Also other events like the Japan earthquake / tsunami / nuclear disaster are also taking a lot of coverage.

None of that means that what is happening in Bahrain should just be ignored and it is an unfolding tragedy just pointing out why more isn't being done.

2 people like this.
  4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I believe Hilary Clinton or Gates was in Bahrain before these events below took place......

The US-Saudi Libya deal

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MD02Ak01.html

You invade Bahrain. We take out Muammar Gaddafi in Libya. This, in short, is the essence of a deal struck between the Barack Obama administration and the House of Saud. Two diplomatic sources at the United Nations independently confirmed that Washington, via Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, gave the go-ahead for Saudi Arabia to invade Bahrain and crush the pro-democracy movement in their neighbor in exchange for a "yes"
    vote by the Arab League for a no-fly zone over Libya - the main rationale that led to United Nations Security Council resolution 1973.

The revelation came from two different diplomats, a European and a member of the BRIC group, and was made separately to a US scholar and Asia Times Online. According to diplomatic protocol, their names cannot be disclosed. One of the diplomats said, "This is the reason why we could not support resolution 1973. We were arguing that Libya, Bahrain and Yemen were similar cases, and calling for a fact-finding mission. We maintain our official position that the resolution is not clear, and may be interpreted in a belligerent manner." ..............

5. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Ya thats why we think that the US gave the go ahead the saudi arabia .. So we think the US govermant with its double standards deserve some of the blame ..

I think our country sitution is harder because one in Tunis and Eygpt the army mildy protected the demonstraters by not participating in any action agains them .. We have not one but two armies repressing the movement

Two the arrests and itrigations didnt happen anywhere but in bahrain and personally ill die with several bullets than spend one day in a bahraini prison .. Yesterday a man in my area died because of torture in prison (Electric Shock) .. His brother actually died also 4 years ago in prison from torture

will update some more but there's pretty horrific pictures .. (Not For the weak hearts)

6. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Here's a pic of what I think the worst death of all Martyrs .. He was kidnapped while he was heading to a the market to fix his tv and found 3 days later dead from torture and his organs where stolen ..

Here's the album .. Scroll down for his pic's of his body

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?id=193994620612465&aid=55263

Here's a video of his daughter .. (Rips my heart to pieces everytime I watch it)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_nbHWgepKxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. esteban

esteban Member

You need to send this message to president Soetoro, he will help your people. He has been on a tear lately for his humanitarian project!

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Landry92,

Could you tell us in a few bullet points the changes that Bahraini shiites would like to see take place? What were/are the specific objectives of the demonstrations?

9. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Iam not that good with translating political terms to english but I will try with simple words:

Must have demands:

# Elecet our own Prime Minister the current one has been holding his position for 39 years

# A New constitution created through an elected council to create a constitutional kingdom (Not Sure if that the right term) but just like the UK current system

# Adjust the election process for the parliament by fixing the Constituencies (election areas) (For Example My Area has a member who represents 8000 person while another member(pro government) represent 126 person.

Bonus Demand:

# Deport all those were given the bahraini passport to change the religious demography of the population

# Trail all who committed humanitarian crimes and who forged information on the official national TV created a bigger gap between the Sunni's and Shiite's (the PM & Minister of interior affairs & Minister of the Media)

Plus sir let's not say the demand of the Shiite but the demands of the antigovermant protesters who represent the original demography of the country and who live under discrimination and repression

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The US is bombing Libya under the pretext of humanitarian intervention, but, at the same time, is more than tacitly supporting the same kind of human rights abuses and violent suppression of protesters in Bahrain that it decried in Libya.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thanks for that, good points.

Don't you think point #4 is unfair? The people who were given the Bahraini passport didn't come with their own intention to change the demographic, and I know that many of them are hard working and genuine people who contribute to the country and don't hold unusual views towards shiites than others. It seems with your point #4, you are punishing the passport holders for the actions of the government - many of those people will have nowhere to go and will face problems that shiites have faced in Bahrain. Do you not care what would happen to those people?

As for #6, you are right and my apologies for the error.

12. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Its might look like that in the surface but most or some of those people took part in all the attack were under either as part of the army or the police force or as govermant hooligans .. if they're able to participate in any election (hopefully they'll be an election) they will have accomplished the purpose they were brought for ..

13. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I always wondered If americans know about the double standerds of their govermant ..

Ironically the US had a base in bahrain the was moved to Oman the same week after the crackdown

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am sorry for what is happening in your country, but what can the US do about it?

It is actually none of our business, the US gets called on to help so many countries and peoples around the world, and we just can not do it for everyone.

Why not ask Russia, or China? Why does everyone always call on the US for aide, and then complain when we don't come running?

The US is not the world's police force, even if it seems that way.

Sometimes I think the USA gets put in an untennable position.

DD

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then do you think the US should not have acted in Libya?

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You want to deport people based on their religious beliefs? :eek:

17. Landry92

Landry92 Member

No but those people were brought to change the demography of the country .. Iam all for giving those with good qualifications (Athletes or Dr or etc) the passport no matter what's their religion ..

to explain better my country had a population of about 80% X and 20% Y .. The ruling family is from Y to have a stronger support they imported hundreds of thousands of Y that will be support them no matter what .. Now the population is about 60 something % X to 30 Something Y % and if elections on a new constitution happen or a prime minister the results will be affected ..

Imagine if the republicans allowed other republicans from outside the country to vote in the presidential elections .. That wouldn't be fare ..

We as X dont mind vetoing somebody from Y as long as he's fair and can be accountable and questioned on anything he does but most of Y will never choose someone from X or anybody they support .. Don't get me wrong iam not trying to discriminate we there are alot of Y protesters .. But most of Y are against any change because the Y's hold all the high positions in the country minister's, principles or managers or are in the army or police force while the X's are mostly labor works or teachers or doctors ..

So what do you suggest ? At least first generation immigrants shouldn't be allowed to vote or should vote after 10 or 15 years from the time they received the passport (Something I am pretty sure you know happens in a lot of countries since You studied Law .. Constitutional law)

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

If your whole country would vote based on Religious denomination, you have bigger issues...

19. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Ya .. that's very unfortunate but only Y and half or some of X will only vote for someone they feel common with .. This can be solved through indirect elections and with the development of education and the ease of the tension should be solved in the long term

but lets not get ahead of ourselves lets try and free the 300 who are arrested and find the 30 missing who hopefully are still alive and employ give the 800 who have been fired because they participated in the protests their jobs back .. solving all of this seems far out of reach so I am not worried yet about any democratic elections

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I understand your concern. It is difficult for me to comment because honestly I don't know much about Bahrain. How fast do these people get the passport? Do they speak the language? But try to put yourself into their shoes also. If you were an immigrant and someone would say you should be deported because you have a certain religious belief, I think you would be very upset...