1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please Clutch...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaryleWard, Dec 19, 2000.

Tags:
  1. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

can you please talk to Rudy and get it through his head that Dan Langhi needs more PT?

I'm sure there are a lot of you just waiting so patiently to see the imense prowess of the man they call Dan.

Unleash him.

Go Dan !!!

------------------
    There is two two types of people in the world: those who finish their sentences,

2. alaskansnowman

He must be unleashed!

We've only seen a glimpse of what he can do with that sweet putback jam today.

------------------
    da ability to focus attention on important things is a defining characteristic of intelligence - alaskanSnowman

3. MManal

MManal Member

I liked how Rudy brought in Langhi after both Bullard and Williams were getting torched on defense by Elliott. I think the time is right to start giving Langhi some PT and work him into the mix. I wanted to see this season if Walt could become a consistent contributor to this ballclub and no longer be the inconsistent player he was labelled as in the past. However, he has only re-inforced that label with his hot-cold play. I dont feel that he has a real future on this team following his current contract and thus feel its time to start giving Langhi some PT.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

4. Summer Song Giver

I missed his freakin' jam [​IMG] so the only solution is more pt so he can get another that I'll be able to see

------------------
    Principal Skinner to the school hamster after sending it into a snowstorm to rescue himself and the children"Nibbles,you made it!Now chew through my ball sack"
    Just some more brilliance brought to you courtesy of The Simpsons

5. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

MManal -
    I think you tape the games like I do. For the record, Elliot did NOT "torch" Bullard in the 4thQ. Matt played him for 3:56 and Elliot had 4 points (2 deep shots) and 1 assist. This doesn't qualify as "torching" IMO.

Bull and Walt are both offensive, spread the floor weapons. When they don't bring the O, let's see more Langhi.

------------------
    GATER

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If you dont call that torching then what is. I mean I know you cant extrapolate that to the whole game, but if you did, assuming both play, say, 32 minutes, thats 32 points and 8 assists = torched.

------------------
    "There are some frauds so well conducted that it would be stupidity not to be deceived by them."
    Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832)

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Clutch: "Rudy, you need to play Langhi more."

Rudy: "Security!"

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

IMO if Walt does not come out of his slump and Bullard does not regain the consitancy that he had last year (he can still tourch you from beyond the three on any given night)then I think you will slowly start to see more Langhi.

I just think Rudy wants to bring him along slowly to make sure he understands the system. After all Rudy already has several 2 and 3 year players logging most of the minutes. The more young players you have the better chance for rookie mistakes.

------------------

9. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Clutch, hahahah [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Don't get me wrong Clutch does a great job but I dont think he is one of rudy's top guys to get advice from.

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

11. RENDIGGLER3:20

Clutch,LOL!

SSG,I missed the slam as well,HELL I missed the whole game!

How much time did Langhi get?

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

12. MManal

MManal Member

GATER,

I was saying that Elliott torched both Bullard and Williams. Williams more than Bullard as you pointed out. Just watch the 4th quarter again and see how the Spurs completely switched their offense to go at the Rockets soft spot. They simply isolated Elliott set after set. Elliott in addition to scoring was able to set up his teammates for easy opportunities. Its not as simple as looking at how many pts he scored in the 4th though he did quite well, but you have to see how easy it was for him to get by his defender off the dribble and set up teammates. Thats why with roughly 3 mins left in the game, Rudy went to Langhi b/c Bullard and Walt werent clicking on either end of the floor.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net

[This message has been edited by MManal (edited December 20, 2000).]

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

14. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Langhi should definitely get some PT. He is without a DOUBT the BEST small forward/pf this team has to offer. He has bullard's shot with francis's athleticism, plus he has the D that neither walt nor the bull can ever hope to offer.

I wanna see more of the next best thing that is ever gonna happen to this team.

------------------