1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please bring back DMo next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

I know this could've gone in the DMo is the x-factor thread, but Morey really needs to bring this guy back. He earned a TON of money in this game considering how much $ he lost during the trade deadline fiasco.

He straight up outplayed Draymond Green. Very nice double double 14/13 while Green just had 9/7.

Biggest thing is to see him make big threes. He is a legitimate stretch 4/5 and needs to increase his 3pt attempts per game. He's a great fit with Harden because of his shooting ability.

I know this is a total pipe-dream but a starting lineup next year of:

Horford
    DMo
    Durant
    Harden
    Beverley/Llull?

Is championship caliber and far more Moreyball friendly since everyone in this lineup can make threes.

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I agree, off the bench ideally though. A full off season under his belt without injury will be great for him. He's a fighter

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

underrated af. vs pfs he can rebound, defend, score. vs centers, like most pf, he'll have a hard time. clutchfans doesnt get that for some reason. remember in th elockout year when scola was defended by the other teams' centers? his numbers went down as a result since rockets had no center for opposing teams to focus on.but clutchfans gon clutchfans

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sorry, all signs point to him being gone.

5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

anyone notice how harden pushed him off after he made the winning shot? no one celebrated but DMO and came to harden but harden pushed him off? wtf is wrong with this team

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I think it was more of a "its not over yet thing". Hopefully...:eek:

7. dwhite

dwhite Member

Detroit sure could have used this DMo in their series :)

8. omgTHEpotential

He should command around 9-10 mil/year.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've said it before. Nothing special, just a great role player, great work ethic, great effort all the time. Good passer, good post player, improving 3pt shooter. Will come cheap.

This guy should be a Rocket next season even if he's not one of our 3 best bigs. These are the kind of guys you want to collect and surround your star players with.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

TRex arms and baby hands are the only things i can't stand about DMO

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i saw that, must be quiet as hell in the locker room.

12. omgTHEpotential

Yeah, something is definitely going on there. Capela and DMo seeme legitimately happy after Harden's winning shot, the rest of the team couldn't give a ****.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Reading WAY too much into it

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

You do know he shot 28% from the 3pt line this season as a stretch 4!!!

15. fattz

fattz Member

That is a deal for him. Lock him in on a 5 year contract last two years team options. I sign him 5yr/$60M last 3 year team option, if he would sign it.

He is a solid 2 way player with a skill set on both ends and even more untapped upside; cares about winning, has been a good teammate and person (from the outside looking in over the last 4 years), has size. He is home grown (drafted & Vipers). Gets better every year. What more does DM want? It is time to pay the man --> pay him.

Or it time to stop using the Vipers if WE not going to keep any of it's products. Yes there are solid player in the NBA that have gone through but not one is a Rocket IF DMo walks. Jones is NOW a bust.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

It's hard to say that we should bring him back without knowing the true condition of his back or what kind of offers that he'll receive in FA.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't you think that his back is going to scare a lot of teams away?

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If D-Mo can be had for no more than 10 mil a season on a 3-4 year deal(with a team option on the last one), he may be worth the gamble. He has shown some signs in this series of regaining at least some of his form from last year. He even hit a few 3-pointers yesterday. I can't remember the last time Bill Worrell got to say "D-Mo for 3 mo". And I have no doubt a competent coach will utilize him better than JB has. Especially if it's JVG. That dude loves dumping into the post.

If however some team comes along and throws some crazy 15+ mil/yr offer D-Mo's way, I'd let him walk. There's just too much risk there to lock up that much money in a guy who may wind up never recapturing that magic from before the back surgery.

19. dje243

dje243 Member

DMO's true value is his passing ability and solid defense. Also the guy runs the floor. If you can get him on a reasonable contract, and his back looks okay, I think you have to do it. Even when he can't get his own shot going he does good things for this team.

20. hakeemthagreat

Played a decent game. But his man defense is atrocious and Draymond could've drove past him every time if he wanted