1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Yeah, people said the same thing when I looked around. I'm trying to find one around $70-$75 because I'm a cheap ass. :grin:

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

FYI if you have xfinity the PS4 has horrible issues connecting thru wifi. It frustrating! I'm having to go Lan line to get the Internet to work consistently.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

FYI, if anyone is bored this Saturday afternoon, the 2nd annual PS Experience is going on right now:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jc29apGNFcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Already showed off more Uncharted 4 and FF7 Remake (sorry turn based only crowd).

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

They confirmed it's not turn-based? I didn't see any combat gameplay in that video. Did I miss it? Or did they just say it wasn't turn-based, without showing it (I definitely don't know Japanese)?

EDIT: Oh wait... there it is... though tough to tell anything about it from the video. Could even still be roughly turn-based, but just with the characters moving around freely in between. Doesn't seem super-likely from the camera angels, but it's vague enough for me to hope.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

all the videos say gameplay trailer so I guess it isn't turnbased.. I dont understand why they make everything action RPGs now.

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'm praying they're hiding the UI just for demonstration purposes. Sooooo don't want it to be an action RPG. If it is, it's not FF7 anymore.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I might have jumped the gun a bit, though I think it will definitely be more action than some of the turn-based fans would like. The UI could be interpreted many ways, so it's hard to tell if it will be full-on button mashing or more of a "flashy command" system (closer to turn based than an action RPG). My guess is even though it won't be a traditional turn based system, they'll probably add a lot of strategy/tactics to the combat system (still able to assign materia, switch characters, setup limit breaks, defend for a "turn", etc.). Or that's my hope anyway.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Was really expecting a new Crash Bandicoot since the president had that shirt on at the beginning. I think its coming.

Ni No Kuni 2 was a welcom surprise. Still haven't finished the first one but enjoyed what I played.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Platinum the first Ni No Kuni.

Looking forward to the sequel.

10. val_modus

val_modus Member

Just played throug The Last of Us... What a game man. I know I know, I'm late to the party.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Better late then never my friend. That ending gives you all kinds of feel. Have you played the Left Behind DLC already too?

12. val_modus

val_modus Member

Haven't got around to it. I gotta tell you, in terms of video game narraratives, this game might be the best I have ever seen; it really makes you care about what happens to the characters. I hear the online multiplayer is a nice surprise too.

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Ran into this 'CE-34878-0 Error' while playing nba2k15 MyGm.

Anyone else ran into the same issue?

1 month without anyone commenting? No one got a PS4 for Christmas or wuh?

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Hasn't really been a lot going on since PSX.

Only thing I've been playing is Black Ops.

I did beast through Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderland for the easy platinums. Both ended up being really good games too tho.

Need to pick up Fallout 4 again and I've been playing the Order 1886 sporadically since i picked it up for $10. It actually a pretty good game and there is potential if they explored a sequel. I may not have sung the same tune at $60 but at $10 its a must play IMO

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think I may have had this when I started Hulu this morning. Didn't really pay attention to the exact error code, but I was able to jump right back into it and it worked fine.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So my PS4 bit the dust but was still within warranty. I sent it into Sony, and they immediately sent it back and told me they couldn't fix it because of "bug infestation". They won't even fix it for money.

So I had to find a company online that will fix PS4s. So I had to pay to ship my PS4 to Oregon and then another $70 for a PSU fix.

Not happy with Sony right now.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So there was a ton of insects inside your PS4?

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Lololol

19. Nero

Nero Member

I also picked up The Order for $10, and at that price, it was a great bargain. I would not have been happy if I had paid full price, but I feel exactly the same as you - it definitely needs a sequel, to finish the story and tie up loose ends. I enjoyed it quite a bit - it was a game for grown-ups.

And I would have bet you $100 that Sean Bean was the voice for the lead, but alas, no, it wasn't.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're going to have to give more detail about that bug thing. That's terrifying to me.