1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Playoffs] Spurs vs. Suns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zboy, Apr 19, 2008.

1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Eman, Amare is better.

The current "level" Amare is at, Yao has yet to reach.

There is no reason to hate the Suns. They got screwed big time last year.

2. LouisianaRocket

yeah right, they can't do nothing when Amare is on the court, and then with Shaq coming back in the third... they stand no chance.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

What level Amare is that? He can't rebound, score or block as many shots. He has an all-star point guard, the matrix, and a fantastic bench, but can't perform. They bring in Shaq to take awaythe responsibility of being the star in the low post from him.

4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

People have been writing off the Spurs for a long time. They are like a vampire...you've got to shoot them with a silver bullet, drive a crucifix through their heart and chop off their head before you count them out.

5. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Did you see how often Amare gets lit up at the defensive end?

6. LouisianaRocket

lit up? please, he is playing GREAT defense on Duncan, Duncan just keeps hitting those circus shots.

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Except those arent circus shots. They are standard low post jumphooks and turn arounds.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I always criticize Amare's lack of interest in playing defense and his average at best rebounding numbers.

Here's the thing though. He dominates on offense by such a large margin that he usually has a huge impact on the game. Amare impacts the game just by playing one side of the floor. The day he starts playing defense and rebounding, he will be the best big man in the game bar none. As it stands, he is the best scoring big man in the game today.

You are right that Yao plays a better all around game. Yao has clear advantage over Amare when it comes to creating for his teammates. However Yao has yet to learn how to impact games on the big stage. That's where Yao needs to catchup because Amare has already done that in a couple of playoff series. If I have to some it up, I would say, as of right now, Amare has been more dominant in playoffs.

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Obviously I didn't mean today. I wouldn't call someone good or bad just because of one game.

10. LouisianaRocket

not exactly, Amare keeps redirecting those shots, but they just keep going in. the moves are standard, but the shots are mainly circus.

11. LouisianaRocket

6th in blocks in the nba isn't exactly bad on defense...

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Zboy,

Amare is only a regular season guy. His offense may be dominating in the regular season, but Duncan's offense is dominating during the playoffs. The only other consistently dominant big man is Shaq. That's the reason the suns brought him in.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow...what an ugly game. 40pts at HT?!

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

At Age 20 Amare's number in playoffs were 14 ppg and 8 rpg on 52.3% FG.

In his second playoffs his numbers were 30 ppg, 11rpg, and about 1.5 bpg. FG% at a superb 54.

In his third playoff series after micro fracture surgery recovery he averaged 25 ppg, 12 rpg, and shot at 52% clip.

How is that only a regular season guy? Those are great numbers. His numbers against Spurs in the playoffs are very impressive.

Also, judging by his assist numbers I was right in saying that he does not create for his teammates. His assist numbers are downright pathetic.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

any of you young squires have a link for this here match?

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You know what went thru my mind when Oberto missed that wide open layup?

What the hell were the Spurs thinking by not grabbing Scola to replace Oberto??

Scola would have solved a lot of their problems.

17. EMAN34

EMAN34 Contributing Member

Yeah I always wonder why they gave us Scola. I mean I know they were trying to save money, but for what he is getting paid he is well worth the money.

18. BucMan55

I'm loving the fouls being called against the Spurs. Timmy and Manu whining like babies.

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

ahh jvg saying he hates college basketball b/c everything is a charge. it's amazing how often he has the same complaints about stuff that i do.

and nash does draw way too many charges. it's like every time he happens to get position and fall down they just reward him with the charge b/c it happens so seldom.

i still can't decide who i want to win this series. i hate both teams so much and have so much reason to see each team lose. it's actually almost taking something away from the series for me. i either need one team i really want to win or one team i really want to lose to make a series super compelling. right now, it's just compelling b/c two really good teams are playing.

20. BucMan55

I got no problems with the 2 charges here. Steve was there and set. And the second, Timmy didnt avoid him enough. He didnt get all of Nash, but he still got half of him.