1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs or Draft pick? Pick your poison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 27, 2016.

Tags:
?

Playoffs or Draft pick - which do you think is best for the Rox?

1. Playoffs

82 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Number 1 Draft pick

182 vote(s)
    68.9%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well as we all know if the Rockets miss the playoffs the number 1 they gave up for Lawson becomes a number 2 next year so we would keep our number one pick.

So, what is best for the team? Limping into the playoffs, or saving that draft pick?

And why?

I say playoffs - get those young guys some experience.

DD

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Dakota I hate this years team, I don't watch this years team, I won't watch this team in the playoffs, I want to forget this season ever happened.

The one good thing that can happen this year is a draft pick. Us fans deserve it for putting up with this ish

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Playoffs for the #pursuit

Zero confidence in Maury drafting well in the 11-19 range with his history of busts like Dekker, White, or stupdity like Mook over Kawhi, or flameouts like TJ

4. StrawberryJamm

6the seed vs okc or the draft pick

5. WestendMassive

6. DaDakota

Meh that was a month ago - this is an all new thing with the last 10 games, people change their mind...

:)

DD

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Young players? This is a veteran-laden team.

The only young player that plays every night is Clint Capela. If you think Bickerstaff (and not that he'd be wrong) is gonna play young guys in the playoffs,...ha!

Dekker, Goudelock, Harrell, McDaniels - think he's secretly saving them for the playoffs? If he's gonna dust anyone off that he normally doesn't use, he's gonna dust off his veterans Terrence Jones & Josh Smith.

8. DaDakota

Lots of guys need playoff experience, Bev, Clint, DMo - even Harden still needs it.....

And maybe we can dust off that mythical beast "Playoff Dwight".

DD

9. WestendMassive

I voted for the draft pick because it might actually help morey clear out some of the dead wood on this roster

10. DaDakota

Does that include Morey?

;)

DD

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I say playoffs. It brings a certain level of excitement to the city. Plus, more Rockets basketball.
    Not too excited about this upcoming draft.

12. ibm

ibm Member

exactly this.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I can never cheer for our team losing. And what's the point of the 12-14th pick? I would rather see us get crushed in the playoffs.

14. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I agree wholeheartedly

15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

The way the season has gone for this team, organization, no way they deserve any satisfaction of saying they made the playoffs. Draft pick.

16. Raven

Raven Member

That's an interesting point. The Rockets, for what it's worth, are not a one year turn around. I don't think the current roster can be fixed in just one offseason unless the Rockers miraculously snag Durant.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm starting to think we won't have either option. Dallas is sucking and the Rockets haven't shown anything that suggests they are going to overtake two playoff teams.

I agree though -- 7th and 8th spots (especially 8th) are a waste for this team. 6th seed makes the present interesting while missing the playoffs at least benefits the future.

18. DaDakota

I know but I am honestly torn between what is good for this team overall.

Playoffs gets some run for some guys that may need it, and Harden has to learn how to fail before he can learn how to lead.

And I don't have a lot of confidence in a mid 1st round pick, so chose Playoffs.

But I don't feel super strong about it.

DD

19. Lightsnowaction

Was just thinking that. Dallas just can't win and will probably lose a back-to-back against Denver. Last four games are cupcakes as well will give us a date with GSW or SAS because the Blazers are actually a good team unlike us. From the players perspective, I don't want to go from one year being in the WCF to next year missing the playoffs. As a GM, I want that pick and get more of a reason to get rid of players.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We're gonna be facing the Spurs fellas. Get ready. Get Red! #pursuit