1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs? No way!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Not going anywhere.

"Throwing in my towel" = Giving up on the playoffs

Still a Rockets fan, regardless.

3. lastmanstanding

Why is everyone so down? We were 20-19 during 04-05 and netted 51 wins. All we need is a winning streak, injuries to other teams and if necessary a trade to make a playoff run.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The Western Conf of 07-08 is much deeper in talent than 04-05.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Look what s write on my signature. We will not only make the playoffs but we will also atleast make the second round and I guaranty that. Be positive man. :cool: :cool: :cool:

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Current Standings:

1) Phoenix 28-12
    2) New Orleans 27-12
    3) LA Lakers 26-12
    4) Portland 24-15
    5) Dallas 26-12
    6) San Antonio 25-12
    7) Denver 23-15
    8) Golden State 24-17
    -----------------------
    9) Utah 23-18
    10) Houston 20-19

So much can happen. If you take a look at the standings you can almost guarantee some significant shakeups as New Orleans certainly isn't the best team in our division and the Lakers and Blazers have been drastically overachieving up to this point.

Sooner or later I think the balance of teams overachieving (Lakers, Blazers, Hornets) will start to level out with the underachievers (Rockets, Jazz) and things will start to make sense. The only thing I know is we're still very much alive.

#47 baller4life315, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  8. poprocks

poprocks Member

The Spurs are talking like they won't make the playoffs either. They are on a huge losing streak. Anything can happen, remember the Astro's when they won the NL Pennent.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree 100%. It's just way to early to make the call that the rockets won't make the playoffs. Alot can change, real fast. The rockets could still end up in the middle of the pack (barring any major injury) before its all said and done.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's still a chance. But we can't just play "pretty good" the rest of the way. We need to put together some really impressive win streaks -- like 8-10 game wins in a row -- to give ourselves a decent chance.

It will be tough.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lakers will drop drastically......

12. Dei

Dei Member

Even if we make the playoffs, we won't go deep and we'd be stuck with a late pick (again) just like the past few seasons (sans Rudy Gay). It'd be wiser to just tank, trade, and let this pass.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wiser in the eyes of whom? You and this guy...?

[​IMG]

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Again, BrooksBall is right again!

15. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

thats funny coming from you man- 95% of your posts on this board are merely to trash other posters

16. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

If we keep playing the way we have been lately (with the exceptions of the 4th Qs of the last two games), I can see us running the table in February with a healthy squad. That would definitely get us in the thick of things.

That is our only hope at this point I believe. February is a easy month for us and we need to take care of business or else we are going to the lottery!

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

y shouldn't he say rockets?

and you might wana check your signature... according to it, yao gets fooled plenty.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As baller4life315 showed in his post with the standings, we're only 2 games back in the loss column from the 8th spot. Would I prefer to have a better record and not have to worry so much about making the playoffs? Of course, but I still think we can. This franchise has a history of doing some pretty amazing things when it looked bleak.

I'll bet on the Rockets squeaking in, and I agree with Clutch that we're poised to have a big month in February. If we don't, we may want to consider that we're toast. Not until the end of February, though. It's way too early to throw in the towel. Better to wave a red one during the games at the TC, if you're lucky enough to go to them.

19. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

I agree there will be no playoff for the Rockets this season, and McGrady will be traded before the start of next season ...

20. kwng

kwng Member

Honestly, I would love to be optimistic and with the remaining games highlighted by Clutch, his list of wins and loss in theory looked reasonable.
    However, in reality, after looking back into history of the games played in this season, we actually lose/may lose to these teams though Clutch thinks we'll win them all (refer below).

We lost to teams below in this season so far (chances are we may lose again):

Miami
    Sacramento

We won one and lose one (we could lose to them again)

Memphis
    Denver

Team that we thought is we could win but they have beaten some good teams (we may not beat them)

Indiana
    Atlanta
    Cleveland

Team that has change to a better team since we beat them (so we may not be able to beat them)

Portland

Team that be just managed to beat recently (if we are lucky we'll win again)

Charlotte

So our prospect based on the games we have played this season is not looking good. However, again this depends on the performance of our players
    in each games. If they fight it out hard and play with will of steel every game, we could change some of the losses predicted by Clutch into win. That is a BIG IF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.