1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff's MVP - so Far

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, May 19, 2007.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Duncan making a strong run at it
    but
    I hate to say it but Boozer has impressed me
    no way in H*ll that team was suppose to get by Houston
    much less make it to the WCF

I think most people have forgiven him for screwing Cleveland
    [Glad he not with Lebron . . . i think that would have stifled his
    development .. . look at Gooden . .he a Boozer Clone with out
    the heart]

Rocket River
    If boozer continues on this path .. i will come to hate him like Kung Fu Karl

2. bladeage

bladeage Member

Tim Duncan.

3. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Boozer was already averagin 16-11 in his second season with LeBron. I thought those two had great chemistry, I think Boozer would've been a star either way. Drew Gooden isn't close to Boozer, he doesn't have half the strength or the consistency in his jumpshot.

I think the MVP has been Tim Duncan. Never the sexy pick, but always the right one.

4. jo mama

jo mama Member

robert horry - his cheap shot on nash and the ensuring suspensions killed the suns chances.

5. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

Duncan

Duncan

Duncan

I.... hate.... the.... spurs

6. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

I actually like Duncan, Parker and Finley, just how much I loathe Ginobli and Bowen by far supercedes that.

7. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Duncan for sure.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Think again. I will always and forever begrudge him that. It doesn't help that he knocked the Rockets out of the playoffs, but the Cleveland thing was worse.

As for the playoffs MVP, I'm going to have to go with Nowitzki. :p

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Member

you must like the way duncan whines right? i think hes a great basketball player, but to cry after everyshot? uh... okay?

but im going to have to lean towards duncan for that award...he does play good basketball... :mad:

10. professorjay

professorjay Member

Bingo. Boozer's full of crap, no matter how people want to retell the story. If you want to shop around for more money, fine. But that's not what he did, obviously Cleveland would've just milked the extra year from him. It's business, I get it. Doesn't change the fact that you're a liar. Anyways, I'm glad Prince screwed up Boozer's home though, just a little bit of karma coming back at him.

FYI, Prince rented out Boozer's house and painted it all sorts of purple. I think they have a lawsuit going on now or something. I side w/ Prince of course. That guy can ball on the court too. And make a mean stack of pancakes. Boozer, purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Sad thing for Boozer is that had he stayed in Cleveland he probably could make it to the Finals and win but the Jazz are to going to become the next Kings/Mavs who are good enough to win 60 games in the regular season and advance deep in the playoff but always come up short. Mark it they don't get anywhere in the playoffs. 3 teams in the West still better and more consistent than Utah. Mavs will be back with some better players maybe Jason Kidd and Suns will also make a few trades maybe KG for Marion and 4th pick. Spurs will be themselves so Utah is not going anywhere because they have 3 max contracts and 2 of them are role players AK47 and Okur are not stars and heavily overpaid at this point.

12. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I highly doubt Boozer would've done this for Cleveland. If Boozer stayed in Utah, that would pretty much halt his progress and we wouldn't see the Boozer today at this moment had he stayed. He did the right thing as far as his self interest is concerned, more money and be the man instead of being second fiddle to LBJ.

Most players would've done the same thing, with the exception of him promising the whole city that he'd stay. That was a pretty jerk-ish thing for him to do.

13. A-Train

A-Train Member

I know that Lebron isn't very popular in NBA dish, but I'd put him in the top 3. He's playing small forward and point guard, he's scoring 28% of his team's points, averaging 8 assists, 7.8 rebounds, and has a better assist/TO ratio in the playoffs than Steve Nash. He's not scoring as much in the playoffs as he did in the regular season, but he's probably the most well rounded player in the playoffs right now.

14. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Member

As good as he's been on offense, and as much as we talk about those blocks and rebounds, you can't say enough about Duncan's defense. Nash would simply not shoot if Duncan was within 15 feet of him. It was amazing.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and he still doesn't look like he's playing hard.

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Yeah I think he was saving the energy for Detroit and we saw a glimpse of it last night when he took over the game in the 4th quarter with his timely shooting and pinpoint passing. He creates so many open shot for his team and has great court vision.

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Member

i haven't been keeping up with the playoffs since the rockets crashed out of the first round. there aren't really any teams i really want to root for maybe outside of the a final between the jazz/cleaveland because those teams haven't been there yet. i was going to vote for lebron for playoff MVP but i really haven't been following their games. he's quite the player though, basically what tracy has plus a good back. man how i wish we were still in this.. summer wouldn't be so dreadful.

18. dividend

dividend Member

Duncan.

Boozer is good, but let's see how he does vs an actual PF. Boozer was good against us because he had a speed advantage on Yao. And he played against a bunch of midgets in Golden State. Duncan has actually played well vs good competition in Denver (Camby, Nene) and Phoenix (Amare, Marion, KThomas) whereas Boozer has had pretty favorable matchups.

19. cheshire

cheshire Member

I vote for Bobby too.

Duncan did his job as the superstar that he is.

Bowen did his job and got in the Suns' collective heads with his dirty play.

But Big Shot Bobby was the One who put the exclamation mark with his hit on Nash just to remind everyone in the league that the Suns will always be the Spurs' b*tches.

Reminds of the two title runs when the Rox owned the Suns just as badly. :D

20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Boozer will find out soon what Kevin Garnett, Dirk Notwitski, Elton Brand, Jermaine O'Neal Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson and others before him have felt. He is going to be stuck on a team that will make the playoffs but will never win a championship. Don't tell me he would not have been as good in Cleveland, the money thing aside but this could have been the best 1-2 punch in the NBA even better than Yao/T-Mac. There so many great players out there that would give up a lot to play with a guy like Lebron. Even Kobe is begining to admit he needs help. Utah is not going anywhere they have 2 guys Okur and Kirelenko earning max contracts when they are only role players. Sorry but Utah overpaid the price and when Deron gets a max deal in two years, they will be stuck with a bloated cap.