1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Playoffs hunt over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Utah will make it.

2. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Even the North Koreans think our Rockets suck.

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Why would you give up all hopes of making the playoffs when you're only 1/2 game out? Just because you want to prepare yourself for a potential letdown of choking our playoff position, doesn't mean you have to make a negative-nancy thread to kill any remaining hope.

I will be praying for a turn around until the very last minute of the very last game. If the Rockets don't make the playoffs I will be furious, but I would be even more furious with myself for giving up on my team before the season even ended.

5. Rockets Ball

Rockets Ball Member

Well simply put, last nights lost sucked!
    But the Rockets still have a small chance in making the playoffs.
    They MUST win out 4-0 and the Jazz lose at least one game.
    We'll finish 36-30, Jazz 35-31, Suns ...who cares, they will not win 4 in a row.

6. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, its a solid enough chance. Not a good chance. Probably around 30%. Win the next 2, hope Miami is resting, win the last game.

Utah can lose to Orlando or Phoenix.

7. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

We have a 14.7% chance to make the playoffs..

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its like people here want to watch our team get demolished and humiliated on national TV when we face the Thunder or Spurs.
    I thought we had a chance against OKC but after this recent stretch of games... yuck.

9. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Agree with you 100%

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

It is over as the attitude of this team has completely changed. How can you after going 4-0 on the road break down the way the Rockets did. I'll tell you how:

1) Heads in the clouds, letting wins getting to your head, thinking you are a better team than you actually are and such. Remember Adelman's talk about how you cannot just expect to show up and win, that's what we've looked like for most of the past 5 and maybe even 6-7 games. The effort has not been there in key stretches, other teams you can just see wanted it more and the team has not been fully emotionally and physically involved except for Camby.

2) Not taking it one game at a time with all this talk about if we win 1-2 we'll be fine, win at least 1 against Denver, go at least 3-2 in the next 5 talk! Coaches and Morey talking about odds and not keeping the guys on their toes about winning every single game is just plain stupid!

3) Not sticking to a winning formula - we beat Chicago & LA without Lowry. It was going great but McHale decided Lowry should just take Earl's minutes and you could see things changing. Lowry has not been good for us and should play less minutes and needs to understand he needs to earn playing time. It's completely unfair to Boykins too to use him anymore.

11. CDave

CDave Member

Disagree! You make it into some sort of a manhood thing instead of recognizing what happens all the time in big time sports.

All these games down the stretch have been closely contested including the recent road trip where the results favored the Rockets.

The outside shooting in crunch time (Dragic, Lee, Parsons) was outstanding during the winning stretch and has fallen off considerably during the losing streak. The core looks tired and leg weary, not uninspired.

Live by the jumpshot, die by the jumpshot, it's not a winning formula for teams nearing the post season, but the Rockets don't have a way to score points easily. It's not in their make-up. That's why trading for a big man scoring threat who could deliver points inside or get to the free throw line consistently was the right mindset from the FO.

Anyway the idea that McHale should not have attempted to re-integrate his best player for the majority of the season (Lowry) is preposterous nonsense. The best chance the Rockets had would be if Lowry could re-discover some of the magic prior to his prolonged medical condition.

Basically the Rockets could not have suffered greater misfortune at the worst possible time then to have had to lose Lowry down the stretch after making a very good run at the post season.

It's very disappointing but I don't see why someone has to be blamed meaning McHale or any of the players.

12. chris845

chris845 Member

Just because the Rockets lost five in a row should'nt mean we should totally give up on them. We still even have a slim shot at the seven seed. That being said the team has to find a way to drive to the basket when they're shots are not falling and Mchale needs to use a bit more of his bench. IF Martin is healthy enough he should convice Mchale to five him a shot even for about twenty minutes because it could make a big difference in these last few games. Utah has the inside track on the #8 seed but we have a chance to run the table and for Utah to lose a game at home. If they lose to Phoenix and Denver loses 3 out of 4, then we would just need to do a game better than the suns the rest of the way. In that case, if Denver is out of it by one game and we tie Utah and Phoenix for 7 though 9, then Phoenix will be 5-2, we will be 3-4 (2-2 vs PHX and 1-2 vs. UTA), and the Jazz will be 2-4 (0-3 vs PHX and 2-1 vs HOU). We would be the 8 seed. UTA would be out in that scenario. While its unlikely we will be OKC in the state that the team is in, its not impossible. Look what Memphis did to SA last year and they were in a slump to end the regular season.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Come on Guys, I know it looks bleak but if we win tonight we got a 17.96% of making it. We can do it. Win one for the Geekers!

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

so are we out with the suns winning?

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Is it really over yet? Yay!! We get our draft pick back! Now we wont be stuck in mediocre forever!!!

[​IMG]

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Forever is relative...... We might be there 5 years which is forever to me....
    At least with tanking and a good GM you could have cut it down to 2 and a half.

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

If everybody had battled like Camby who is playing with a bad back and playing only on adreline and wanting to make the playoffs (his own words), it would not have been but since that isn't the case, yes it is over.

It's really telling that your oldest guy with back problems is the hardest worker on the court. Wish we would've had Camby all season and hope he ends his career here, he's my new favourite player.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope Phoenix makes it..... I like Nash, Gortat and the other Morris.