1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs have exposed Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 25, 2014.

1. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Remember how 70 percent of us were upset that Parsons could possibly be traded when there were those Rondo trade rumors?

I think we're now seeing that this guy isn't even worth 10 million/year.

2. downbytheriver

Mods, please merge with existing thread -

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=253406

Parsons is Korver without the clutchness and quick release... worth $4 million per year tops. Anyways he's not the guy we can have next to harden, just doesn't work with his lack of d and toughness.

3. joesr

joesr Member

too bad he lost that defense we all fell in love with in the first year

4. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Did the monstars zap Parsons's basketball abilities?

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

He's garbage, should quit NBA and go into modeling.

1 person likes this.
  6. Amir's Johnson

Modeling > Basketball.

7. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

I would take Korver over Parsons SO Fast.

But you're right, we need someone like prime Battier there tbh.

8. downbytheriver

In a way the embarrassing first round helps this team in the long run

Doesn't allow Morey to make another Linesque contract mistake with Parsons (DARYL, are you reading this? Parsons is not a starter for a playoff team)

And shows Mchale is not the guy to take these players to the next level. His system isn't terrible, but he himself is not the guy. Maybe in his 3rd coaching stint.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Missing U: Rajon Rondo

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He just not effective in the half court when the defense is set

11. downbytheriver

Tbh my wife said wally Szcz...whatever and korver are actually good looking but Parsons is just pretty and not appealing to girls past high school. Not good looking. I think his pr agents know this and are milking it for whatever he's got

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

His D was good in his rookie season. But then he started to think he's all that and stopped playing defense. He's one of the worst defenders on the team now. And he's a no-show on offense too in the playoffs so far. I honestly think Garcia can give us more. And that's saying a lot.

13. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

ill give him $6 mill top. beyond that? i dont think so

14. downbytheriver

Yeauppp that's playoff basketball

TAKE NOTE, MOREY TAKE NOTE. THE BROMANCE IS OVER

reminds me of jeremy getting exposed right away in the playoffs after 2 weeks of pickup ball in new york... and being scouted + teams giving a damn. But atleast he's a guy who can make a few plays off the bench when his coordination is working.

You need to be a wise man to win in this league... learn from history it tends to repeat itself

15. Rockness

Rockness Member

See I wouldn't have made a problem about this whole getting a mohawk thing, driving a ferrari, talking thrash in the media IF he just showed some effort on defense, hustled and play his ass off. Since he's not doing that, I have a problem with his big mouth and off the court activity that's keeping him from performing. Same goes for Dwight and Harden.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Parsons got cocky. He thinks he's hot sh** just because he is good looking and playing in the NBA. This happens to most models. All the attention he was getting got to his head. He acts like a superstar off the court when he hasn't done anything. He stopped caring about defense when he realized he could score at a decent clip.

17. clutz

clutz Member

He's so streaky with his shot because his technique so poor. Makes it hard to get a consistently good release.

Meanwhile, PDX's rim protection has been quite good.

He's yet to develop a real mid-range game, so there's nothing to really fall back on for him.

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He had a great season and a great playoff series against OKC last year. You guys are knee-jerking, although I agree he is NOT worth 10mil/yr

19. downbytheriver

But why? Kapono and Korver can come off screens an dmake things happen in half court sets... Parsons can only play run n gun pickup that is nullified in playoffs

Give him $4m to come off the bench because it hurts the team to start him next to JH

Money can be wisely spent in other ways

20. JazzLakerHater

He's so soft. I would LOVE to get a gritty defensive minded guy to replace him. You know someone who wouldn't mind doing the dirty work without worrying about how pretty he looks.