1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs: Great Game in San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MacBeth, Apr 19, 2003.

1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

I meant the Suns three before overtime.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was beautiful!!! I've never heard an arena so silent in my life! God, I hate the Spurs! I hate them more than the Lakers! Ok, maybe that's going too far. I hate them both equally, but at least I respect the Lakers.

The Spurs have pulled the same routine every year for the last decade where they start off slowly and then play great for 3-4 months before bowing out early in the playoffs, yet people still fall for it and think they have a legitimate shot at the title.

The only year this didn't happen was, go figure, the lockout-shortened season in 1999 when they won the (illegitimate) title. And I guarantee you that had they been forced to play an additional 32 regular season games that year, there's no way in hell they romp through the playoffs the way they did. They were too old. And if you don't believe me, look at what happened the following season. They became the first world champs in 16 years to lose in the first round.

So in conclusion, F-CK THE SPURS!!! GO SUNS!!!

3. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Look at Popovich in the post-game conference...he is PISSED! Life is wonderful! :D

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

not that i like the spurs or don't agree with the rest of the post, but to be fair there was this guy named tim duncan who was injured for that series. kinda hard to say they had a fair shot at it.

only reasons i want the spurs to win are i hate phoenix so much for beating us out, and i want the lakers to actually have to try to win. i don't know what the season series is, but the suns have no freakin chance against the lakers. spurs will at least make them earn it. bet those b****es wish they had brought it against phoenix in the regular season then we maybe could've been their b****es for 4 games, but now they got someone who matches up well with them.

5. AGBee

AGBee Member

Are Spurs fans saying GIVE DUNCAN THE DAMN BALL!!! (except when free throws are involved)?

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn I love it! I can just imagine the look on those pathetic ass bandwagoning fans in that dump of a city called San Antonio!

Go Spers Go!
    Go to Hell you Moth********* bastards!

7. Charles V

Charles V Member

Was that not the most amazing game of the season?

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Good point. I remember the Spurs getting spanked by Jason Kidd and Phoenix that year without Duncan in the paint. But the true sign of their illegitimacy was the following season when they were the #1 seed and had home court against the Lakers. The two previous title winners going head-to-head in the Conference Finals to prove who was the real champ. And the Spurs get their asses swept.

9. Charles V

Charles V Member

I had my doubts about a few of you...but now any more.

That season that the Suns beat the (World Champion) Spurs, not only was Duncan injured...Jason Kidd was injured with a broked ankle as well.

Kidd played a total of 1 game during that series - the final game - when the series was already decided.

I really want to respect everyones opinion, but at least have a grasp on the facts.

10. mhan

mhan Member

to be fair for the suns, the suns that playoffs were without jason kidd and tom gugliotta. the spurs had no excuse that year for not even getting out of the first round.

11. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

I like this guy [​IMG]

....even though he might say the same thing about my Lakers. :D

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, I want to say the same thing about your Lakers. :mad:

C'mon, Spurs, I don't like you much. But at least make it to the second round and beat the heck out of the Lakers! OR maybe the Wolves can do it for you? :)

13. R0ckets03

I hate the Lakers too, but I'll cheer for them everyday of the week over the asterisk champions Spers.

14. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I'd rather hear about the spurs than the press Amare would get if the Suns win.

Can you believe that sh*t? The Suns beat the Spurs with not one but TWO banked in threes? Even worse, the first one was by a player who can't normally make a shot from outside of 5 feet!

All the same, it sounds like Popovich got out-coached this game - or maybe Jesus Parker isn't so great after all... =)

15. sTWO

sTWO Member

With all due respect, you guys are idiots. The Suns will never beat the Spurs in a million years in a 7-game series.

That being said, that FT-choke session by the Spurs will force them to develop more focus now. Better now than the 2nd round.

Just watch, you all will be eating your words. Spurs should take 4 of the next 5 in the series.

Disclaimer: I'm a Rockets fan first, but I think the Spurs are a classy team and am hoping they win it all.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

:D

17. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I'd rather want the suns to win cause then we know we are better than the spurs. We beat the suns 3 times this season. We are going to be a better team next year and hopefully no injuries. And Yao is going to be benching 500 lb. so that should help us alot.

18. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

OMG, EXACTLY!

But then again, we are Rockets Fans, so look at what we go through!
    Ya just gotta love this game!:D

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I think the Rockets missing the playoffs is a blessing in disguise. Phoenix is the one lower team that gives SA fits. Anything but Manu, The Holy Frenchman, and the Mermaid winning the Ship. I'd even pick the Lakers over them. I hate the Suns, but God bless their slim-ass chance of upsetting the top seed. I hope...Amare has an awful rest of the series...it would put any ass-kissing to rest. ;)

20. R0ckets03

Great minds think alike. :D

I think I'll explode if someone tells me how good Manu or the little Frech a-hole is. And Robinson might be one of the best player in the NBA ever, but that guy has about as much heart as Mike Tyson has brains.

**** the Spers!