1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Seeding Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by today, Apr 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But the Jazz are playing the Blazers and the Warriors after they play the Lakers. I don't see the Jazz beating the Warriors and Blazers. The Jazz might fall to the 8th seed. I don't know, man, but this is a close. I don't care who the Rockets play as long as is not the dirty Spurs, or the Nuggets. Those two teams will play nasty and injure the Rockets.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Nuggets?? What the heck did they do to anyone? I'd love to play Denver..... that would be a sweep.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Please be Denver lol

Jokic in PnR defense is kanter like. Also, the whole team outside milsap don’t play defense

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They are a young team, and most of the players are new for the playoffs. They are going to play dirty, and injure the Rockets.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What are you basing this on? They've shown absolutely nothing to suggest they'd be dirty. Golden State, San Antonio, OKC.....those are your dirty teams. The Nuggets youth is precisely why we would want to play them. They have no idea what to expect from the intensity of the playoffs.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I agree with you on OKC and San Antonio. But also teams who are new to the playoffs tend to play dirty too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. ballscientist1

Highly likely Final standings 3 groups

seed 3 and 4
    Jazz and Blazers (Wednesday final game)

seed 5 and 6
    Spurs and Pelicans (Wednesday final game)

seed 7: Nuggets or Wolves (Wednesday final game)

Seed 8: Thunder (no tiebreaker over anyone)

joke: Thunder have tiebreakers over Knicks and Nets

8. macan

macan Member

now i really want OKC to win their next two games that case they'll probably be 6-7 seed?

cdxiong likes this.
  9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Loving this thread. Remind me of shooting the crap with the boys talking playoffs and who is going where.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Western Conference in a nutshell:

Portland: #3 if they beat Utah, #4 if they lose to Utah

Utah: #3 if they win both games, #5 if they lose 1 game, #6 if they lose both games and Denver beats Minny) or #7 (Lose both games and Minny beats Denver)

New Orleans: Assuming they beat the Clippers, #5 if they beat SA and UTA beat POR, #6 if they beat SA and UTA loses to POR, #8 if they lose to the SA.

San Antonio: Assuming they beat SAC, #5 if they beat NO and UTA beat POR, #6 if they beat NO and UTA loses to POR, #8 if they lose to NO.

Oklahoma City: Assuming win both games, #4 if Utah loses to POR, #6 if Utah beats POR.

Minny: Assuming they beat Memphis, #6 if they beat DEN and UTA loses both games, #7 if they beat DEN and UTA win at least 1 game, #8 if they lose to DEN but DEN loses to POR, otherwise #9 if they lose to DEN.

Denver: #7 if they win both games, #9 if they lose to MIN.

Conclusion: Rockets will likely play SA/NOP in the 1st round.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. swifty

swifty Member

jazz lost to the warriors on the road early in the season by 25 points , without gobert and donovan mitchell not finding his grove yet. in short that utah team was different. it had hood, no gobert, rubio not knowing the system. and mitchell not being mitchell yet
    jazz returned the favor and beat the warriors when both teams where at full strength at home by 30 points 129-99
    jazz also beat the warriors when the warriors where riddled with injury by 19 points in goldenstate.
    so saying you cannot see the jazz beating the warrriors in a home game, and warriors being not at full strength, while it looks like the jazz will be at full strength is kinda uninformed. ofcourse the warrios can win it. but dont be so sure, jazz already beat them twice!

you do know the jazz are the best road team since rudy gobert played 2+ minutes per game after returning from injury. only road loss since like forever is a overtime loss in a close game against the spurs. jazz started 5-18 on the road, because of gobert missing a lot of games, and mitchell not being the go to guy yet.
    since then the jazz have gone 16-1 on the road. beating Portland on the road in the processes by 19 points just before the all star break!
    jazz also lead the series vs Portland 2-1. again not saying Portland wont win, Portland has also been kinda on fire since the all star break with the recent slump because of dames ankle.

all i am saying 0-2 is not a given. jazz might easily go 1-1 or even 2-0

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Thanks for the info. I haven't been paying attention on the Jazz.

13. swifty

swifty Member

yeah, im actually a jazz fan lurking here for YEARS!

keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

naah just kidding. i just have a few teams i watch with respect, envy or hope.

Houston being one of them.

had this acount for a few years, forgot about it. until iso joe signed with houston. i miss him. seems like houston fans dont apreciate him

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. swifty

swifty Member

ooh and please dont start throwing rotten tomatoes at me. I am just a humble nba fan who happens to be a jazz fan. usually i am on reddit. at their it seems like their is more inter-fan posting, which gives a in depth sometimes biased view of the other teams

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ballscientist1

Heat biggest game for the season Monday at 4:30pm. This game is worth 20 million for Heat.

If Heat defeat Thunder, they will go to 2nd round playoffs by beating injury teams

If Heat lose to Thunder, they will be defeated by healthy Raptors in the first round.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. today

today Contributing Member

Through Sunday (4/8)

Records & Remaining Schedules
    SEED - MON TUE WED
    3 POR (48-32) @ DEN - vs UTH
    4 UTH (47-33) - vs GS @ POR
    5NO (46-34) @ LAC - vs SA
    6SA (46-34) vs SAC - @ NO
    7OKC (46-34) @ MIA - vs MEM
    8MIN (45-35) vs MEM - vs DEN
    -DEN (45-35) vs POR - @ MIN

Head-to-Head Records (record applies to the team in the column header)
    - POR UTH SA OKC NO MIN DEN
    vs POR --- 2-1 *** 2-1 0-4 2-2 2-2 2-1
    vs UTH 1-2 *** --- 1-3 3-1 1-3 2-2 2-2
    vs SA 1-2 3-1 --- 2-2 2-1 * 2-1 2-2
    vs OKC 4-0 1-3 2-2 --- 2-1 3-1 3-1
    vs NO 2-2 3-1 1-2 * 1-2 --- 4-0 2-1
    vs MIN 2-2 2-2 2-1 1-3 0-4 --- 1-2 **
    vs DEN 1-2 2-2 2-2 1-3 1-2 2-1 ** ---
    * SA @ NO (Wed)
    ** DEN @ MIN (Wed)
    *** UTH @ POR (Wed)

2 Team Tiebreakers
    - POR UTH SA OKC NO MIN DEN
    vs POR --- Y Y N N --- ---
    vs UTH N --- N Y N Y Y
    vs SA N Y --- N * Y **
    vs OKC Y N Y --- Y Y Y
    vs NO Y Y * N --- Y Y
    vs MIN --- N Y N N --- ***
    vs DEN --- N ** N N *** ---
    * SA & NO (winner of game on Wed gains the tiebreaker)
    ** SA & DEN (Head-to-Head tie, Conference Record tie, so determined by Win % against all WC teams in-or-tied for playoffs)
    *** DEN & MIN (Head to Head tie, Division Record undetermined yet)

#116 today, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  17. today

As long as you're polite, 95% of the people on here will be polite too. If you run into the other 5%, don't even bother to respond to them, just put them on your ignore list =)

Ya'll are on the way up, GL this year until we face you!

I feel like Utah will beat GS and then lose @ POR. Tough game, on the road, back 2 back... I will be VERY impressed if they win both games.

#117 today, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. today

Here's my guess as to how things will finish:

1. HOU
    2. GS
    3. POR
    4. UTH
    5. SA
    6. MIN
    7. NO
    8. OKC

Hopefully I'm wrong and OKC will beat Miami and finish higher than 8th.

19. swifty

swifty Member

yeah, you can never know. jazz laid an egg versus the hawks recently. the hawks beat us to a pulp. dennis schroeder scoring 40 points. i could easily see us go 2-0 but just as easily go 0-2. but i think the warriors without curry in utah is more beatable than blazers on the road. and maybe gsw wont be playing as hard because they are locked in their seed. as jazz are not locked in and mitchell already aid he wants the 3rd seed

for now i am hoping 1-1 getting us the probably 4th seed. which when it is all said and done is an improvement seeding wise vs last year, not win/loss wise. but hey after Gordon left us, nobody expected that jazz to be a 4th seed.

#119 swifty, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    today and pippendagimp like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that would certainly be silver's dream playoff seeding

slothy420 likes this.