1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff proposal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juugie, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Juugie

Juugie Member

As many of you know, I am one of Yao's most vocal critics here - probably the most vocal.

But I am foremost a Rocket's fan. And I am damned excited that they are back in the playoffs.

What I am proposing is a moratorium on all trade/bash/criticising posts on all Rockets players until after the playoffs (or at least after the first game. ;) ) All of us as Rockets fans need to pull together and get behind our team.

So if Xenogears, Yetti, StupidMoniker and other Steve bashers will agree, I will not post anything critical of Yao until after the playoffs. I urge all members of the board to do the same.

I'm throwing out an olive branch, and I hope we can all take it.

So, what say you Rocket fans? Can we agree to be positive and pull for our team together for a couple - hopefully a few - weeks?

2. user

user Member

Oh my GOD, it is Juugie posting!!

Like anyone cares about your trolls from time to time. I mean people just play along to make fun of you. Get a life.

3. Juugie

Juugie Member

User,

As it sit in my office in a New York City high rise working on following up one of the most successful animated movies of all time, after leaving my luxury apartment near the Hudson river, I find it funny that you want ME to get a life.

Tell us about YOUR life, user...

PS. judging from the vitriol and name calling I have recieved, I would guess that some other do feel strongly.

If you guys don't want to pull together for the team, I understand.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Juugie: Your offer is commendable. Unfortunately, the Rocket fans seem to follow the lead of the Rocket ship: No one on the boat is rowing in the same direction at the same time. That's why we seem to be going nowhere fast.

5. Juugie

Juugie Member

Since it seems no one wants to play nice...

Battlestations!!!

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Interesting proposal and totally agree we gotta lay off the trade talk until the season is over.

That said how would you define 'not bashing'? If Francis dribbles the ball off his knee a few times would you consider it fair to post "Francis' ball handling skill is still terrible." or if Yao gets the ball stolen away from him a few times would it be fair to say "Yao is still too weak and slow to get good position to catch and hang on to the ball." ?

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Thanks, I appreciate being called "no one.":rolleyes:

#7 thumbs, Apr 12, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  8. Juugie

Juugie Member

Sorry thumbs...

9. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Juugie I dont agree with many of your posts or opinions but I find your posts interesting and I've noticed how you have conducted yourself with class (not resorting to name calling or personal attacks against other poster as they have against you).

I agree lets see how this team fares in the playoffs and try to stay united.. we are on the same team for better or for worse.

Go Yao! Go SF3! Go Rox! Go Super Duper Backup Bench Brigade!

J

10. TL

TL Contributing Member

When do the playoffs actually start anyway? Is it this weekend??

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Juugie: I am Juugie! I make money! I am so successful that I have to list my suceessfulnes on an Internet forum for extrnal validation of my achievements! Listen and be envious of my New Yorker life with the luxury apartment and awesome successful job at a film studio. I am Juugie, validate/compliment or be jealous of my successful life or I will next post pics of my super hot girlfriend and extremely expensive sports car!

12. hotballa

BTW Juugie, the rest of us are gonna have nice discussions about the Rox during the playoffs because unlike you we don't make it our mission to bash one player in every one of our posts, so maybe we dont have to make it a point to say we wont be doing any player bashing. And if noone is taking you up on your offer, its because unfortunately for you our lives don't revolve around your opinions. Maybe its time to go spend some money on a front row seat at a Broadway play, I hear the ticket guy might give you an appreciative stare if you spend 200 bux. At least for that brief moment you would be the center of someone's universe...that is till the usher helps you and your incredibly hot model girlfriend to your seats

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

So true...;)

14. RocketForever

Ok..so Juugie is foremost a Rockets fan who makes it his mission to bash a Rockets player in everyone of his post on a Rockets bbs...

15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

If it gets people to stop being critical, by all means lead by example.

btw, i didnt know you were working on the LA BlueGirl project ;)...

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

damn Juugie, you picked the wrong guy to be critical of. these people hate you. as Yetti-ish as this sounds, y'all might need to learn some maturity. considering Juugie hasn't personally attacked any of you that i've seen in his threads, you would think y'all could respond in kind (hotballa, user, etc). i guess not.

plenty of people do that with other guys on the team.

on the plus side, this thread has allowed me to enlarge my ignore list.

17. hotballa

fracis,

in case you're not aware, my favorite player on the Rox is SF who I think has the most heart and most talent of almost any guard in the NBA. My dream is to keep these two stars together for the next 10 years at least and see the Rox win many championships. If I or anyone else get on Juugie's case, it's not because he is critical of Yao, it's because he's the worst kind of fan out there. His CHicken Little act was amusing when I first saw him posting, but now it's getting old. He sticks his head out only when the Rox are losing to say that we should trade Yao because he is a useless player. Does it get you annoyed when people say trade SF eevrytime something bad happens? Yes, now you know why it annoys me to see Juugie around. As for the maturity thing, you didnt see what he wrote to user as a response? Talking about his great job, and great apartment in NY. He might as well have told us every single piece of jewlery he owns to complete the post.

18. Sane

Sane Member

Did you really think that this would work?

So if Yao totally choked, you'd expect me to shut up about it?

If Francis made bad play after bad play to cost us a chance at a first round playoff upset, I should just keep it to myself?

This is a BBS. A message board where views are expressed, positive or negative.

I will be behind this horribly assembled, disfunctional, and mind-bogglignly inconsistent team in the playoffs, but I will say what's on my mind as well.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When Steve starts panicking and throwing passes over his head into Doug Christie's hands, and when he dribbles straight into three defenders and coughs it up, I'll say something.

But I will root for my team to the bitter end.

Should take no more than five games.

20. RocketForever

I actually agree with you. They are all morons. But this Juugie guy has really taken it to another level by keeping starting new threads to bash the same Rocket player.