1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Matchups..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rustyrob, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Wanted to see what everyone thinks of the 1st round matchups.

I personally wished that the Mavericks and OKC where to face off because of the heavy scoring duel of Dirk and Durant, plus Monte and Westbrook going at it hard with similar attitudes and run and gun style.

Also thought SA vs Mem would be a more fun matchup because of their history against each other. Plus the Big vs Big aspect of it intrigues me.

As far as the East is concern, i think its a good matchup between Brooklyn vs Toronto because Deron vs Kyle and Demar vs Joe. Would have rather seen/skip Atl swept by the Heat with Ind-Hibbert vs Cha-Jefferson.

Any thoughts..

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i dont get that into 1-1 matchups. usually the best players never guard each other anyway for fear of foul trouble. i'm more interested in team's style of play. for example when a fast paced team plays a half court defensive minded team i like to see which will be better at dictating the flow, and how will they accomplish that? when two teams of similar styles play against each other i like to see who will do it better and how did they accomplish that. you learn a lot more about basketball that way than just watching 1-1 matchups.

also, this thread belongs in nba dish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.