1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playing PG for the Rockets this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Jul 23, 2007.

1. munco

munco Member

After reading the threads lately, I'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions with our off-season moves. A lot of people are saying Rafer is gone and that they're much happier with one of the new additions taking over the PG spot. I'm not so convinced.

Anyways, I was wondering who you guys would prefer to play the most minutes at PG next year. Not, who will play the most, but rather who you'd like to see man the most minutes at PG next year.

2. Bids

Bids New Member

I picked Mike James. Shoots better than Stevie Franchise. Wouldnt be surprised to see James/Francis/T-Mac/Battier/Yao for end of games.

3. dinsdale

dinsdale Contributing Member

cant wait to see SF3 yao and Tmac play toghther

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I voted Steve, because I believe he's matured and will try to mesh his strengths into the team's needs. He won't have to be the man and this should free him up to exploit his strengths and down play his weaknesses.

5. chonox

chonox Member

sura's not done yet.

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Francis should not run the point. hes always been a high TO guy and he can't spread the floor. Mike James is much better at taking care of the ball and he can spread the floor for T-Mac and Yao. i want Francis off the bench when T-Mac is out of the game.

7. munco

munco Member

I think Francis still has some game in him, but watching him play last year for the Knicks I'd rather have Rafer or Mike James play PG over him

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I picked Sura - just cause i'd like to see him get back in action.

whether he ran the point or played off guard wouldnt matter as long as he could get out there.

More realistically probably Franchise.

the battle for minutes is gonna be ferocious.

9. alecoool

alecoool Member

I vote AB. He has speed, vision and he can shoot. I believe he will get more and more mins to play.

10. metal

metal Member

i voted rafer. if he can shoot less sometimes, he is a better pg than sf or mj is.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:confused:

he's not?

:confused:

12. thecity5

thecity5 Member

Would like to see aaron but not realistic. as long as he gets playing time its good

13. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Miami please take Alston!!!! :rolleyes:

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I might be in the minority here, but i hink Rafer will be kept unless miami offers us Haslem. Morey did say that francis will play a bobby jackson roll where he'll be the 6th man who will play combo position depending on the lineup. i think the person who will see he's minutes reduced is battier.

Alston/James/Brooks
    Tracy/Francis/Head
    Battier/Bonzi/Snyder
    Scola/Hayes/Novak
    Yao/Deke/Butler
    IR Landry , Harris, Taskilidas...cut Reed.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The main reason I voted in Francis is because of how passive our starting lineup is. Battier, Yao, McGrady, Hayes? They don't offer much passion and emotion. It takes a lot to get those guys up.

Which isnt a bad thing, it leads to consistency and professionalism. But we need someone who isn't afraid to yell at his teammates (when appropriate), someone who wears their heart on their sleeve. If Francis can make his aggressive style contagious then that will be his greatest contribution because he sure as hell isn't going to hand out 6apg.

16. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

I'm not the coach and I do not know what system Adelman will utilise. If asked solely on the basis of who I PERSONALLY want to see have the most minutes at PG, it would be Mike James. I think Steve Francis should take the backup PG minutes and the backup SG minutes.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You have 18 players on the roster.

18. xx830413

xx830413 Member

James can only be a bench player in Rockets

19. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

If I remember right when SF played for us before a lot of Clutch Fans thought he should be a SG. He might play some SG & SF. PG occasionally when match-ups are needed.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SF?! 05 Illinois?