1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playing OKC better for the team in the long run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Midrangej, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

Well after that pitiful loss against the lakers, I thought I would try and reach for a few positives.

1. Playing OKC will expose how useless Mchale is to management. We all know he is crap, but seeing him continue to play a small ball lineup against OKC should result in Houston getting massacred and then all can see he has no clue in adjustment and counters.

2. Hopefully by getting his butt kicked when he continues to ISO, Harden will learn to trust his team mates more and pass the ball.

3. Harden's D is so bad, hopefully when low scoring Thabo scores 20PPG continuously on him, he'll learn to put some effort in.

4. There's a longer off season, when they get swept, then the guys can work on their weaknesses in the off season.

5. Potentially winning against an old beat up Spurs missing key players could have given the team a false sense of security and would have guaranteed Mchale staying in his position a lot longer.

1 person likes this.
  2. khimmatramka16

I don't agree McHale is useless - I think he's genuinely a great coach.

3. VanityHalfBlack

We will take OKC to 7 games and everybody on clutchfans will be satisfied except for a few on here who think we should beat OKC in the 1st round, lol...

4. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Were following OKC's path from 3 years ago...they had to play the best and so do we

5. duteman

duteman Member

Only positive here is that we won't shut down tmacs only chance of making it to the 2nd round...or being the only team that he beat to make it to the 2nd round :)

I did like losses for any reason, but i'm actually glad the loss pits us against okc instead of spurs. Not because i like the matchup better, but because the whole tmac thing. I think we're going to be competitive in this playoff series.

6. duteman

duteman Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I agree. OKC humiliating the team will assure McHale's firing.

8. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

I like your optimism:)

9. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Right conclusion, wrong reasons.

OKC is better in the first round because we'd have to play them in the Conference Finals anyway. This way we have a shot at avoiding having to play Denver without home court advantage.

;)

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I think we need a good show out in the playoffs so we can attract FAs. After sleeping off some of the disappointment from last night's game, I have come to the conclusion that I don't mind playing the Thunder. After evaluation of last nights game footage per memory, I feel like we can either grow through development with our current roster, or pick up an upgrade now and start over on team chemistry.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I hope they don't get swept! Backpedaling into the play-offs and then
    getting man handled by OKC wouldn't be considered a prime destination.
    On the other hand if we manage to make it a 6-7 game series againt OKC,
    that might get some well deserved attention.

12. Spooner

Spooner Member

Nothing you said was positive:confused:

13. Elmhurst NY

Elmhurst NY Member

You know that the Rockets just lost to the Phoenix Suns and Kobeless Lakers, right?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The GARM will still melt down and act as if the sky is falling even when we lose to the Thunder.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's not go over board here.

They locked up a berth like a week ago, they did not backpedal into the playoffs.

That would be like the team losing but getting lucky because the other teams behind them lost so it didn't matter.

They lost two games. Two.

1 person likes this.
  16. Akim523

Akim523 Member

As if getting your arse screwed is satisfying in the long run.

No

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Aside from the fact that McHale is better than you give him credit for, losing badly to OKC would not even change his employment status. (1) We're expected to lose to OKC, so it won't exactly be an upset if that happens. (2) Morey wasn't really even expecting to go to the playoffs this year, so McHale's already exceeded expectations just by clinching. (3) Rockets brass has had an upclose look at his performance from day to day for 2 seasons now. Nothing in this series will be revelatory for Morey and Alexander. They already have a pretty good sense of his mettle. If he gets fired in the offseason, it won't be because of one playoff series.

Will you be sad if the Rockets beat OKC? By your logic, it will give McHale a false positive on his coaching skills and ensure his continued employment to continue to drag the franchise down for seasons to come.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You know Clutchfans has been ruined when people actively root for the Rockets to fail just so they can feel better about the coaching situation.

19. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

I don't know why McHale gets so much blame when this team is actually overachieving with the current roster/ age of players on hand? If you guys think McHale will be fired after this season, you need a reality check.

1 person likes this.
  20. ragingryno

ragingryno Member

I dont see how this could be good for us other than the oppurtunity to knock off the top dog in the west. We need a good first round performance to attract the big names to houston.