1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players That May Not Be Here Next Year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TXRoxBBall, May 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

This is just a list of guys on the current roster that may not make it back next year, whether by being traded, cut, or just leaves.

TMac - Could be used as trade bait in the right deal

Luther - No value to this team in my opinion

Hayes - We need more size at the back up 4/5

Shane - Seriously doubt he's moved, but could be dealt for an athletic 3.

Jackson - Should be gone with his expiring contract for a decent player.

Deke - At the age of 74, may die.

Francis - probably cut by team

Novak - We may need the roster spot and he might be expendable.

2. dafranchise0309

I stopped reading this after I saw Tmacs name, you are stupid if you actually think the team will trade him AFTER LES and MOREY clearly stated that they will continue to build the team around Yao & Tmac.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Are they not allowed to go back on the word or something? This is a business, just because they said that doesn't mean that they might not trade him especially if they see a favorable deal. What did you expect them to say? Be up front about it if they were really thinking about trading him? What happens then if they end up not trading him after saying something like that?

For the record, I don't think they are looking to trade him this offseason.

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Luther Head is gone. Loren Woods should be gone.

Chuck Hayes should be gone. He simply doesn't have the talent...he'll probably go to the Spurs and be a glueguy or something.

Bobby Jackson is gone unless he signs a vet's min. which I doubt he would...

The rest are longshots in my opinion.

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So basically they're blowing up the team :rolleyes: ? Thats more than half the team.

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

8. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Not saying that all these guys could, should, or will be gone. Just these are the players in my opinion that have the biggest chance to not be back.

9. duteman

duteman Member

tmac will leave only if he request for a trade....stevie franchise is on 2yr contract with player option for upcoming year...

I hope stevie comes back and is healthy cuz he could be useful...luther head dang sucks he chokes in pressure cuz i think he was our best cutter but i do believe he will go...chuck hayes is not that bad at finishing at the rim with layups like everyone overplays he does...but i think he will be gone...bobby jackson will prob stay if head goes, and novak will stay since he's cheap

10. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

We all know the smart move with player on your roster is to say your gonna move them. Get real, I don't want to get into a name calling match with ya, but only an idiot believes everything that comes out of a GM or owners mouth. He very well may be back, but IF they don't explore every possible solution to make this team better, they're not doing their jobs. He is the most viable trade resource to make this team better. Especially after his post season performance.

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Gm's and owners say that stuff to keep players happy in case they don't trade them and to prop up their value on the market. If they openly say that they are looking to move someone, the player's value will drop through the floor.

12. Tornadoofsoul6

Luther Head, Bobby Jackson, or Shane Battier.

13. JOHNNYN

JOHNNYN Member

list of who should STAY:
    Tmac
    yao
    scola
    landry
    battier
    novak
    rafer
    brooks

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Okay, I was thinking this thread was r****ded - but then I read the line about Deke. That crack makes an otherwise worthless thread totally worthwhile. Carry on.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

thanks for the in depth analysis

16. rocketslover

rocketslover Rookie

what about mt. mutombo?

17. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

TXRoxBBall for Houston Rockets GM!

18. LoveRoxHateJazz

You guys are insane if you think more than 3 players will be traded, crazy if you think more than 2 players will be traded.

Shane has the only contract that is tradable. Combined with our #25 pick, we might get someone worth trading for, we most likely won't. Bobby's contract is most likely gonna come off the books, without being traded for someone elses garbage. I do want to see if Morey can have another successful draft.

This team healthy, without cancers like Bonzi Wells and Mike James, is all we need to win a championship.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Steve
    Shane
    Tracy
    Luis
    Yao

Starters!!!

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lmao. :D

that was my first reaction. my second reaction was that tmac will be here next season because les and morey said they will continue to build around him and yao.