1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players most likely to be traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rowdy20, Dec 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

I think it's pretty obvious that a trade has to come rather soon, as the depth we have right now is both a blessing and a curse. We have young guys that need minutes to develop, and with the constant rotation they really aren't going to have time to get any sort of rhythm going. It really is a coaching nightmare trying to find time for so many players.. I don't mean for this thread to become a "let's trade for ____" thread, we have the random trade ideas thread for that, and I don't mean for it to be a "____ had a crappy game, so let's get rid of him" thread either. Rather, based on potential, positional depth, and perceived value from the rest of the league looking in, who would you expect to be the most likely players to be sent out in the near future if the right player becomes available?

2. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I'd seriously do a Martin + Flynn + Thabeet for Iguodala + Speights.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too early..... at the dead line

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

We could start by giving Marcus Morris Jeff Adrien's minutes but what do I know....

5. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I think Budinger is a goner. Doesnt have the high ceiling or defensive abilities to maintain his spot in the rotation. I think he'll be packaged and traded sometime this season.

I firmly believe if Martin stinks it up for a while, Morey will trade him, especially if Lee continues to show he's a capable two-way player.

Moe

1 person likes this.
  6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I have a feeling that we are gonna do the Martin for iggy trade

7. McWai

McWai Member

I am thinking if we could swap Flynn with Corey Brewer. I noticed Brewer just got very limited time in today's game. Looks like Karl prefers Rudy as the backup SF to him. Brewer could definitely start for the Rockets. He is athletic and is a good defender.

8. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

Normally, I would agree. But 11 rotation players (12 when Patterson gets back) just isn't feasible, nor is it productive for our young guys that desperately need game time experience.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't watched him enough but if he can defend. Yes.....try get him for as cheap as possible

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Budinger, Kevin Martin, Adriens, Flynn. At least that is who I am hoping for they package together for some upgrade over Kevin Martin.

11. longhorn198900

longhorn198900 New Member

The rockets lack some things. A backup center, a go- to scorer, and a true small forward. Here are 5 steps they can take to compete for a long time.

Right now the roster stands like this:

PG: Kyle Lowry- Goran Dragic - Johnny Flynn
    SG: Kevin Martin - Courtney Lee- Terrance Williams
    SF: Chase Budinger - Marcus Morris - Chandler Parsons
    PF: Luis Scola - Patrick Patterson - Jeff Adrien
    C: Samuel Dalembers - Jordan Hill- Hasheem Thabeet

Step 1:
    Trade Kevin Martin and Patrick Patterson to The 76ers for Andre Iguodala and Marcus Speights.

This gives the rockets the go to scorer they need and a backup center. It also allows Jordan Hill slide back over to the power forward position.

For Philadelphia it gives them the true shooting guard they need as well as a talented young post player to take over for elton Brand.

Step 2:
    Trade Terrance Williams and a 1st rounder to Minnesota for Wesley Johnson.

Wesley johnson becomes the true small forward we need.

Williams is the scoring shooting guard the Timberwolves need to balance their lineup.

Step 3:
    Trade Chase Budinger, Johnny Flynn, and Chandler Parsons to the Phoenix Suns for Jared Dudley, Garrett Siler, and Shannon Brown.

Jared Dudley is the rockets new starting small forward and Wesley Johnson then comes off the bench where he is more comfortable. Siler and Brown are just throw ins but provide depth.

The suns gain Flynn who can backup Steve Nash and can become the point guard of the future. Budinger can replace Dudley and will Do great with his shooting. Parsons will come off the bench and can play the 3 or the 4 and shoot it from long range.

Step 4:
    Sign Jeremy Lin, Cut Jeff Adrien.

This move rebalances the roster giving the rockets more height and a 3rd string point guard who is not paid over 3 million a year and will not complain if not played.

Step 5:
    The grand finale:
    Trade Luis Scola, Marcus Morris, HAsheem Thabeet, and a first round draft pick to the Toronto Raptors for Andre Bargani, Aaron Gray, and Linus Kleiza.

The Rockets get the piece in Bargani that they were hoping for with Pau Gasol. Aaron Gray provides excellent depth, and they are dumping Thabeet in exchange for taking on Kleiza's contract.

The Raptors get a solid power forward in Luis Scola to pair with Jonas Valicuis when he comes over next season. And a young prospect in Marcus Morris to be a super sub or the starting 3. And Thabeet to provide depth, plus a first rounder.

Conclusion:

The Rockets roster would look like this:

PG: Lowry - Dragic - Lin
    SG: Iggy - Lee - Brown
    SF: Dudley - Johnson - Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani - Hill - Siler
    C: Dalembert - Speights - Gray

A very balanced roster with more size, a go- to scorer, and multiple small forwards. Also they keep very good depth.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think Martin is history by Feb but I also think Bud and CLee *gulp* will be dealt too.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I hope we don't trade c.lee

14. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

lmao if williams gets traded to adelman's new team.

15. McWai

McWai Member

my second thought is(assuming flynn-brewer trade is done) trading twill/cbud + thabeet for chuck hayes + fillers/picks.

16. King901

King901 Member

Martin and CBud

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Why don't you trade the entire team? This isn't NBA 2K12, dude ... :rolleyes:

18. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Keepers:

Lowry, Scola, Hill, Lee, Williams, Patterson, Morris, Flynn (I liked what I saw from him in the preseason and am a big fan of pass-first, defensive-minded point guards).

However, I've been curious as why we've never tried to straight negotiate with the Lakers a trade for Gasol. I think at this point, knowing they need to shake things up, we could offer Martin, Patterson and a first rounder for Gasol. If I'm the Lakers, I do that deal. If I'm the Rockets, a lineup of Lowry/Lee/Williams/Scola/Gasol is not so shabby, with a rotation of Dragic/Morris/Hill/Dalembert off the bench. Swing Budinger and Flynn for a later deal down the line, maybe for a shooter or young up-and-coming scorer.

Gasol's value keeps decreasing with each game. He looks uncomfortable and I don't think he altogether likes playing with Kobe. I could be wrong, but the time to move would be now

19. Dei

Dei Member

I hate to say it considering I really like Scola and Martin, as people, but that Pau Gasol trade is looking better by the day.

20. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Honestly do you think we could just go ahead and trade our assets for D-howard... i mean im sure we have some attractive pieces they would desire.. MAYBE?!?!.. that was the reason that alot of our players were displayed tonight?? idk.. but martins gotta go... unless he starts playing better